23rd March 2017, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become become an IPS Officer so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS officer in the future?
  2. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer? Which is the best School or College for training?
  3. Which stream to choose in 11th standard if I want to become an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IPS Officer in the future?
  5. Which subject should i choose in Class 11th for becoming an IPS officer?
  6. As per my 11th standard subject combinations can I become an IPS Officer?
  7. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  8. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  9. Which subject should I select in class 11th to become an IPS officer?
  10. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an Indian Forest Officer? Which school should I join for further studies?
  11. Which course should I opt for after completion of 10th class to become an IPS Officer?
  12. Which stream should I choose in class 12th to become a high rank Police Officer like SI, IPS and IAS? -- [New]
  13. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?
  14. What should I do to become IPS Officer being a candidate of 11th Commerce?
  15. Which stream should I choose after completion of 10th class to become IPS Officer?
  16. Which stream should I choose in class 11th if I am interested in Maths, History and Physics?
  17. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a Scientist?
  18. Which stream to choose in 11th for doing MBBS?
30th March 2017, 09:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, candidates with any stream in 11th/ 12th or bachelor degree are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2017, 09:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IPS Officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. You can select any stream in 11th as per your choice. Candidates from all streams are eligible for Civil Services examination. The qualification required for this exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You are free to choose any stream at 10+2 level as well as bachelor's degree level. This exam is not stream specific. The minimum age limit is 21 years for this exam. Your optional subject selection should be according to your graduation stream so that it can help you in better preparation.
31st March 2017, 09:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to pursue any particular stream in Class 11th even if you are interested to become an IPS officer. To be eligible to apply for IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a Government recognized university. So, I suggest you to opt for any stream for pursuing your 12th standard and after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognized university, you are eligible to apply for an IPS examination.
31st March 2017, 10:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The best stream for Civil Services examination is Humanities.

If your ultimate aim of life is to join Civil Services then you should take arts stream at 10+2 level and at bachelor's degree level also because most of syllabus of Civil Services exam is of arts stream.

You can select your optional subject which you have studied in bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services exam. Minimum age limit is 21 years.
31st March 2017, 10:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

As far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for pursuing your Class 11th in order to be an IPS officer in future then I would like to let you know that for the same you are required to have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and there is no compulsion of any subject at any level of academics.

But, in my view you should go for the option of that subject which lies to your strength and about which you feel confident as the same subject will appear easiest to you as compared to any other subject. Here the selection of subject becomes important as in the second stage of Civil Services examination you need to opt an optional subject for your examination in which you are required to have complete knowledge if you want to qualify the same examination.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2018, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to take under commerce stream for becoming an ips officer? Suggestions please in commerce please!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?