13th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I opt for Indian Administrative Services?

Which stream i should opt for indian administrative service?...plesae tell me which is the stream

25th January 2012, 09:01 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt for Indian Administrative Services?

You can choose any Stream in 11th or in graduation to become eligible for IAS.

The only educational criteria for IAS is a graduation in any stream from any recognized university.....

Then take a look at the age factor...

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years and 35 years for OBC and for SC/ST]

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competitive world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..

You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

*** final year students are also eligible for IAS.
But if selected, then final years students have to show their certificate of passing at the time of interview.
5th May 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
please let me know the results of written test conducted on 26 th february for the assistant post .
30th May 2012, 06:18 PM
kaveribiswas

You can choose any Stream in 11th or in graduation to become eligible for IAS.

The only educational criteria for IAS is a graduation in any stream from any recognized university.....

Then take a look at the age factor...

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years and 35 years for OBC and for SC/ST]

IAS is an exam that makes you to enter into the competitive world and make you to get the top posts such as DC and DSP and ACP so on..
13th December 2012, 09:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

First of all its nice to hear that you want to opt for the civil services examination.

This is one of the toughest examinations which are conducted every year once by the Union Public Service Commission for those aspirants who want to become an IAS Officer or IPS Officer.

I would like to tell you that there is no such bar on the selection of stream as you are free to choose any stream that you want in either 12th or graduation.

The only thing required from the educational qualification criteria view , is that you must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

So , don`t be upset about the selection of stream and choose the one in which you think that you can perform exceptionally well.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
9th May 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

In which area we can achieve the best service by commerce stream
28th March 2014, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i am confused about the ks exams and i would like to fight for the exams of ks but i want to now all about it and also i am a new comer to this net world . i hope you will reply soon
31st March 2014, 08:15 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification and at which level you are asking for the stream to join.

If your goal is to be placed in IAS, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is Graduation.

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to make entry into IAS.

If you have completed 10+2, then you can opt for any stream in Graduation but make sure that at least one subject of your stream should be there in the list of optional subjects for Civil Services Exam so that you can have good preparation for the same which will help you to crack Main Exam.

Here is the selection procedure to be placed in IAS or any other civil service

Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted once in a year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Here is the required age criteria for this exam.

For General category : 21-30 years.
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

As there is good competition for this Exam, it is not so easy to crack this Exam.

Hence I suggest you to have high level preparation for this Exam from a Coaching Institute. Then only you can get through this Exam.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
1st June 2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

I have completed BA from ignou with history honors. I also doing job in Army rank sepoy. Can I apply IAS, IPS forum. Please you give more information about this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?