15th April 2016, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in Graduation to join Indian Administrative Services being a Science student?

Respected Sir,
Kindly tell me what combination should I take up in Graduation as I want to join Indian Administrative Services. I have given my Board exam of 12th with Science stream. What combination should I take? Please help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics from kashmir?
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completing Diploma in ECE?
  3. Can B.E. in computer science & engineer appear in the IAS and IES examinations? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can i apply for MPPSC and UPSC after completing BSc in Chemistry?
  5. How can I get the post in IPS after passing 12th? I have read PCM
  6. What should I do after my 12th if I have taken medical in 12th? What course should I take after 12th that can help me for IAS and IPS exam?
  7. How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?
  8. What should be the starting salary after passing IAS entrance exam?
  9. Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate?
  10. Which discipline to choose in graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  11. How can i directly go for Administrative Services after passing Intermediate?
  12. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  13. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?
  14. Need information regarding ex-serviceman quota in Rajasthan Administrative Services?
  15. Am I eligible to give UPSC exam to apply for IAS being a B.Sc graduate?
  16. Chances to study Commerce in Graduation in India for Science student of Bangladesh?
  17. Scope for jobs after completing BVSc and A.H?
  18. In which field should I complete my graduation to become an IAS? Coaching academy in Telangana?
18th April 2016, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Graduation to join Indian Administrative Services being a Science student?

There is no need to study any particular graduation course to join Indian Administrative Services. You can opt any course of your interest for pursuing Graduation course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to join Indian Administrative Services by appearing and qualifying IAS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue any course in which you are interested for pursuing Graduation.
19th April 2016, 09:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Graduation to join Indian Administrative Services being a Science student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Kindly tell me what combination should I take up in Graduation as I want to join Indian Administrative Services. I have given my Board exam of 12th with Science stream. What combination should I take? Please help me to know about this.
After 12h standard with science, you can choose Biology as a main subject of your graduation degree. It will help you for IAS exam. You can choose an optional paper related to Biology.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
25th January 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

If I become a law graduate (i.e. completing BA. LLB after class XII ), would it be a sustainable career choice to crack IAS later ?
17th April 2017, 12:28 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Sir, Engineering and IAS are totally different as per every sector.
-> Actually you need to select one of the subjects of all you have in engineering while attempting IAS exam , so select the subject at which you are interested and sound because the questions will be asked very basic .
-> Choose either mechanical or civil engineering as they have large scope and prospects in civil services .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?