22nd May 2011, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

can a student having arts background in 10+2 eligible for BCA courses? Please tell me whether I am eligible

30th May 2011, 07:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

If you are taking BCA then you need to strong in the related subjects especially maths. You have to first analyse the area where your strength lies. Based on that choose the appropriate stream. For BCA normally all institutes will expect the candidates to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths. For some of the institutes there will also be an entrance exams.
31st May 2011, 03:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a student having arts background in 10+2 eligible for BCA courses? Please tell me whether I am eligible
Yes Definitely !

To get admission in BCA course, you need to passed in your 12th examination.

So, to get admission in BCA course, you need to passed in your 12th examination in any stream at the time of admission, And make sure that students without mathematics at 12th level are also eligibile to apply for this course.

The BCA course is of three years duration, which is divided in to Six semesters. So, if you are interested in this course, then please apply for this course soon, the admission in this course are open, so please contact the universities and colleges, who offers this course. So that you have to get admission soon in this course.

So, to get admission in this course, you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your 12th examination, But the eligiblity criteria are vary form colleges to colleges, Many colleges conducts his own entrance test to get admission in BCA course and many colleges provide you direct admission in BCA course on the basis of your 12th percentage.

And if you have scored good marks in your 12th examination, then you will get scholarships in this course, the Lovely Professional University gives scholarships in this course, if students have scored more than 70% marks in 12th examination. The admission are open and if you want to get complete information, then please visit the official websites of University who offers BCA course.
31st May 2011, 03:58 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Absolutely you are eligible to pursue BCA as bachelor degree, If you have qualified high school exam with min. 50% in any stream.
If you have nice marks, secured in high school exam then you can apply for govn. College. And can get admission on merit basis, or any private college where the course is available.
Ok, best of luck.
31st May 2011, 04:15 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

Yes you are eligible.

eligibility criteria

1)candidate need to clear 12th class.

2)minimum marks in 12th :50%

BCA course is of three years or 6 semesters.
some colleges conducts their own entrance test to get admission in this course and some colleges will provide you direct admission in BCA course on the basis of your 12th class percentage.

and if you have good percentage in 12th class then you may get scholarships.

good luck
31st May 2011, 04:30 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes you eligible for admissioned in BCA .
but you have sufficient knowledge about math and science.
for BCA student only passed 12th class or he appear 12th exam of any stream
they can admissioned in BCA.
31st May 2011, 04:36 PM
Deb51

To go for BCA you have complited 12th class with any one of the subject mathematics or computer science. If you have then you can get admission for BCA in any good college or inestitute with appring ther college entrance exam. If you have not the above mention subject then you can try for college where offered BCA without mathematics.
Do not worry about your admission. Now a days there are many college who take admission for BCA without mathematics. You can contact with nearest college or institutetion to know the date and detalse about ther admission test .
31st May 2011, 05:57 PM
miiky

Yes you can apply for BCA courses. This is a three years course.The admission is going on. So you should apply as early as possible.
31st May 2011, 07:47 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes friend,

Surely you are eligible for doing BCA with arts group in 12th std. But one thing is

you must have maths or computer science as one of your subjects.
31st May 2011, 09:22 PM
venkatgct

Talking Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

dear friend,

now a days the admission to non professional courses is highly lenient and unrestricted!!!

u r eligible for admission into BCA courses!!!

contact ur nearest reputed college in the area and get started!! as for the course its a preliminary to ur MCA!!!!

all the best!!!
31st May 2011, 10:55 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Academic Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course

Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent
The minimum marks secured in 12th standard should be at least 50%
The candidate should have pursued the science subjects. The science subjects should include Physics and Chemistry
Most institutes insist candidates should have pursued Mathematics during 12th standard

Many institutes offer course even to those who have not studied maths during 11 & 12th, but you are still not eligible as you have not studied PCM even.
31st May 2011, 11:08 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya of course you are eligible to apply for the BCA courses

the eligibility to appear for the BCA courses is that one should pass a 12th board exam with a minimum of the 55% of the marks
but then the % of the marks varies with colleges to colleges
the duration of the BCA courses is of 3 years , which is divided into 6 semesters
So if you are interested for the course then you should apply now as the admission for the BCA courses is open

there are many colleges and universities providing this course ...
31st May 2011, 11:18 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

For Bca admission Most colleges requires mathematics in 12th standard. So its better to contact the respective college.
31st May 2011, 11:23 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Yes absolutely you can take admission in BCA.
You need to passed in your 12th examination in any stream at the time of admission, And make sure that students without mathematics at 12th level are also eligibile to apply for this course.
1st June 2011, 12:01 AM
mandiv

Eligibility
Candidates who have passed 10+2 examinations in arts, Science or Commerce with minimum 45% marks with mathematics as a subject are eligible to apply for the course. Relaxation will be as per Govt. Rules.
so you are eligible and since the admission are in process so you need to hurry up
1st June 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

Quote:
yes u r eligible for this.
1st June 2011, 01:32 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Yes you are eligible for BCA course but not to all colleges only some colleges provides
students a chance who haven't got mathematics in class 12th to study BCA course.

Because the eligibility for BCA course is one must have passed 12th class from a recognized
board with mathematics as subject.

But still there are some colleges who allow non mathmatics students to study BCA course.

But if you are not interested in maths then i would suggest you not to go for this course
as you haven't got maths in class 12th so you have to study maths during BCA course
.So if you thinks that you can not study maths then do not go for this course other wise
you may be in problem in future.

Admission procedure::

Admission to BCA course is either through merit list or through entrance exam depends
on the college in which you want to take admission .
1st June 2011, 01:42 AM
babydoll

No, you are not eligible for the BCA courses as you are belonging from the ARTS stream. As for the BCA courses maths is essential so you don't have maths in arts stream.
Only commerce and science students are eligible for the BCA courses.
1st June 2011, 03:19 AM
pooja bhartii

yes. A student having arts background in 12th is eligible to to do BCA course. You need to have strong concept on maths subject. Eligibilty also depends upon the university too. some may take entrance exam but some get into through entrance exam.
1st June 2011, 10:10 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses?

Quote:
Yes you can do BCA without having math in +2 level but try to take maths subject in BCA course as it will be compulsory if you going to do MCA..as maths should be there either in graduation level or +2 level....

and now onwards there will be change in criteria i.e students need not have Certificate in Computing (CIC) to get admission into BCA and MCA courses offered by IGNOU.

Some of the best university for BCA are
symbiosis
mdu university Which would offer better salary?
and Bharati Vidyapeeth

for Bharati Vidyapeeth notification come in Mid week of June, so keep checking the wesite 2011 www.bvimr.com

hope this fulfill your requirement!!
1st June 2011, 10:19 AM
omesh123

Eligibility for BCA:
12th in any discipline.
You have to pass an entrance examination conducted by a recognized college or an university.
1st June 2011, 11:09 AM
nktrwt

Quote:
yes my dear friend you can apply for BCA.
1st June 2011, 11:12 AM
stranger351

Yes you are eligible for BCA course.
Any student who completed their 12th class in any stream is eligible for BCA course.
But for MCA you must have Maths in 12th class or in graduation time .
1st June 2011, 01:40 PM
vnr0001

What is "cache" memory?
1st June 2011, 03:01 PM
Bhojrajjangid

Yes man,
you can defenetly do BCA after 10 2 in arts. If you are good in computer and maths than it will be easy to crack the degree otherwise you should work hard.
1st June 2011, 03:05 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend
to get admission in BCA there is no need of science or arts, the main thing is that you must have math as a additional or main subject in+2.So, if you have kept math as an additional subject in your +2 then you are eligible for the BCA otherwise not.
Thank you
1st June 2011, 04:01 PM
nipungupta

Yes, you are eligible.
The eligibility criteria depends from college to college .
Basically you should have passed class 12th with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% marks.Now many college require's you to have mathematics,physics and chemistry in class 12th but some only want engish as one of the subjects.There are colleges who even conduct entrance test before admission.

Well this was about the eligibility but i am not getting something that why suddenly you want to go for BCA after studying arts.Go for it,its your discretion but keep one thing in mind that it is going to be a really tough flight for you.
3rd June 2011, 05:38 PM
SonalSinghal

Hi Dear,

Yea, it's possible to apply for BCA degree after 12th class, but it might creates some problem while studying computer with art stream. I would suggest you to join any other creative and art related subjects, rather than applying for technical subjects. Now there are wide opportunities for art students to show their creativity. You can join designing, multimedia, animation etc courses to take your career on high peak. Various institutes are available like dia, idc, , jj school of arts, wlic, jims etc that are providing Designing in the field of fashion, interior, textile, jewellery etc. You can join any of these as per your choice. Admissions are started in every institute. Apply soon and get your seat reserved soon.

thanks,
21st March 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

i hav pass 12th arts without maths can i apply for mass communication???
3rd June 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Re: Is a student having arts background in 12th eligible for BCA courses? if a person even dont have maths and science subjects ?
3rd June 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

if i have passed 12th arts without maths ,can i apply for bca course in govt. colleges
7th May 2016, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

i have arts stream with computer science,web tech,English,economic,fine arts and additional maths. Is i am eligible for BCA???
10th June 2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOT GOOD IN MATHEMATICS SO, IS MATHS IS A PROBLEM IN MY BCA OR BCA NEEDS STONG MATHS ?
21st February 2017, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I am student of humanity's is I am eligible for doing bca . I know maths and In 11th I have English , Hindi , pol science ,sociology, fine arts or physical education... please tell me can I am able to do bca?
3rd June 2018, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Can i get bca in any Mumbai college by not having maths in 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?