15th May 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Which subject can I choose for NDA after passing exam of high school?

i am passed exam of high school what subject i choose for nda

18th May 2012, 09:59 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject can I choose for NDA after passing exam of high school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am passed exam of high school what subject i choose for nda
In order to be considered eligible for Army, Air Force and Naval wing of National Defense Academy, you will need to qualify +2 level of examination with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects. However, this combination of subjects is not compulsory for those willing to join the Army wing of National Defense Academy but in order to qualify the NDA exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, candidates will have to qualify two papers based on Mathematics and General Studies. Since Mathematics is one of the major papers in the examination, having Mathematics in the +2 level is better even if you are willing to join the Army Wing of National Defense Academy. Apart from the first paper , the questions in the General Studies paper will comprise of important topics from English, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography and Current events. As you can see that even General Studies paper include subject areas like Physics and Chemistry along with General Science, candidates from science background will definitely have advantage.
24th November 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject can I choose for NDA after passing exam of high school?

what procedures we will follow after qualifying the NDA exam?
24th November 2012, 10:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted for Army , Air Force and Navy . So the subject choice will depend on your choice of branch in which you want to join .

If you want to join Air force and Navy through NDA exam then you must opt for Physics and mathematics in 10+2 then only you will be eligible for it.

If you want to join Army through NDA exam then you can opt for any subjects in 10+2.

But you have to face science and maths in NDA exam so be prepared for it when you are applying for NDA exam.

NDA exam will have a objective type paper in which you have to pass with good marks then only you will be called for SSB interview.

If you pass the objective type paper , SSB interview and medical examination and you are high on merit list then you will be send to NDA Khadakvasla for graduation.

After completing graduation from NDA you will be send for training in your respective choice of academy. Afte completion of training you will become an officer .

For more information visit:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in
29th January 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

which qualities are mostly seen in ssb interview
24th February 2013, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Can we do NDA by taking Commerce in 11 and not taking maths
24th February 2013, 04:33 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can we do NDA by taking Commerce in 11 and not taking maths
YES, you can apply for the NDA exams even if you have taken commerce stream in class 11th.

But please note that in this case, you would only be eligible to apply for the Army wing of the NDA exams.

You would not be able to apply for the Airforce and Navy wing of the NDA exams.

Eligibilty to apply for the NDA exams is:

12th pass for the Army wing
12th pass with Phy and Maths as subjects for the Airforce and Navy wing

Age- Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years
24th February 2013, 07:25 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year i.e NDA-I and NDA-II.

There are three wings in NDA those are listed below.

Indian army,

Indian navy,

Indian airforce.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be pass 12th standard from a recognised university or any state board.

Candidate should be an Indian origin.

Candidate should be physically fit to appear this exam.

Here in this exam you don't need any percentage restrictions to appear NDA exam.

For Indian navy and airforce you must be complete 12th standard with PCM subjects but no need for Indian army.

Male and unmarried candidates are only eligible for this exam i.e girls are not eligible.

Age limits are 16.5years to 19 years, no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:-

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

Physical requirements:-

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
12th March 2013, 08:17 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

NDA Stands National Defence Academym

NDA exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year

NDA I & NDA II

There are Three wings in NDA :

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Indian Air force

Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should be pass 12th stands from a recognized university

Candidates age limit between 16.5 to 19 years

Only unmarried male candidates eligible

Selection Process :

Written Test

SSB Interview

Medical Test
13th March 2013, 01:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is the right time for you to decide upon the subjects in 12th class.

Otherwise, it will be a problem for you in the future time.

Here is the information regarding NDA Exam.

This exam will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One can make entry into the following defence services by cracking this exam.
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

Here is the selection procedure that you have to go through
Written Exam
Interview
Medical Test

If you want to join Army wing, then you can opt for any of the stream in your 12th class.

In contrast to this, if you want to opt for Navy or Air Force wings, then I suggest you to choose the stream in 12th class where there are Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

Make sure that you should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years by the time you appear for this exam.

Start preparing for this exam right from the beginning of your 10+2.

All the best
18th April 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i have many few days and i know that i shall complete all subject for nda you tell me that in case of chemistry and polity which one i choose to qalify nda
24th May 2017, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I fail math & physic in h.s..but this year I cleared all subjects & passed all subjects!sir,is I'm now eligible nda exam?...sir is 12th back students are eligible after passed all subjects in hs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?