27th August 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose after class 10th to prepare for IFS?

Which subject I choose after class 10th for preparation of ifs

1st September 2015, 01:09 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject to choose after class 10th to prepare for IFS?

>> First of all you need to know about the eligibility criteria for the IFS(IAS) exam. This will clear most of your doubts.

1) Graduate.
2) Minimum age should be at least 21 years.

Now if you have just passed your high school then you have to do intermediate and graduation in any of the discipline, then only you will be eligible to apply for the examination.

>> So you have a sufficient amount of time for your preparation.
For now, my advise would be that, you stay up to date with the social events and make an habit of reading newspapers and news. Discuss different sort of facts with your friends, this will help you to retain what you have read.

>>Regarding the course, if you are totally devoted towards IFS, then take any B.sc Course.

>>But if you have some doubt that whether you will be able to crack the exam or not, then try to go for courses like B.tech after which the chances for jobs are much more than the B.sc Course.

Depending on the graduation course only, you should decide the stream for your intermediate.
2nd September 2015, 09:40 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to become an Indian Forest Service Officer, you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Service Exams. You can only appear in this exams after completing Graduation in any stream. Age to apply for this exam is between 21 to 30 years. There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

With regards to your query which stream or subject you should choose in class 11th, it solely depends on you. You should choose the stream in which you have interest, the subjects that you are easily able to understand. Please not that in the UPSC Main exam there are many optional papers and these papers are from Science, Commerce and Arts stream. So choose the stream where you can easily understand the subjects of that stream.
3rd September 2015, 01:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are now 10th standard so first complete your 12th degree in science then you can do graduation degree in science to become a IFS officer.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC candidate category.
28th November 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 10 and from St cast I want to become kids after 10th so can I prepare for pmt exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?