7th November 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc Botany

I am the student of m.sc. Botany 4th sem, what subject do i select for the ugc net exam ? Do i have to select 'environmental sciences' or 'human recource' ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc 1st semester student in Botany
  2. Which subject should I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc maths
  3. Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I apply for UGC NET in the subject of environmental science after completing MSc with Botany
  5. What is the syllabus for UGC NET Botany? I have done MSc from Botany
  6. Which subject should I select in NET after M.Sc Microbiology? Syllabus and books available in marketing? Coaching classes in Pune?
  7. Which subjects should I choose for NET Exam being a candidate from M.Sc in Botany?
  8. Which one is best UGC NET or CSIR NET? How to prepare? Best books?
  9. How to do part time in NET exam after completing MSc Botany?
  10. Eligibility to appear and tips for preparation of NET for M.Sc(Botany) student?
  11. What subject should I choose in UGC NET after M.Sc Microbiology? Chances of getting questions from previous year?
  12. Can I give UGC NET exam after completing MSc in statistics
  13. Can I apply for NET exam in Environmental Science subject after doing Msc in Applied Botany Subject
  14. How to take NET exam in Environmental Science subject? I have done MSc in Applied Botany
  15. Which is the best subject in UGC NET exam?
  16. How to study MSc after completing BSc B.Ed in Botany?
  17. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET being a student of M.V.Sc in Veterinary Pathology? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET?
  18. Possibility to do PhD in mentioned subjects in Abroad for M.Sc(Botany) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply? -- [New]
11th December 2012, 10:26 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc Botany

The fact is that Botany is not one of the subjects for the National Eligibility Test. Therefore anyone who has completed post graduation in Botany can apply for environmental sciences subject since its the closest to Botany.

National Eligibility Test is conducted for candidates who are interested in PhD or College lectureship. The National Eligibility Test is conducted for lectureship in central government colleges. If you want job in state government college that please appear for the SET exam of that state.

NET is conducted twice a year in June and December by the University Grants Commission. The exam is quite difficult and would require hard work to clear. Only candidates who have post graduation degree can apply for NET Exam. But the degree should be from a UGC recognized university.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to apply.

2. A post graduationd degree in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year candidates can also apply.

6. But final year students should be able to submit their degree within 2 years of passing NET.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

1. The age limit is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.

2. It is relaxed by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

3. There isn't any upper age limit for College Lectureship.
23rd December 2012, 11:13 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc Botany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the student of m.sc. Botany 4th sem, what subject do i select for the ugc net exam ? Do i have to select 'environmental sciences' or 'human recource' ?
You do not need to give the UGC-NET exams.

But you have to give the CSIR-NET exams.
You have to opt the subject Life Sciences.

Eligibilty for this exams is Post Graduation with Minimum 55% marks

Since you are doing your post Graduation In botany, apply for the CSIR-UGC-NET exams.
The next exam is on 23rd December 2012
28th April 2013, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc Maths.
12th June 2013, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

i am student of msc zoology.what subj.selectd in net xam.?plz help me?
24th June 2013, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

i am student of msc zoology.what subj.selectd in net xam.?plz help me?
22nd October 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

How to choose subject for NET. i have an MBA (finance marketing) degree?
24th April 2014, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

does net exam have zoology or biotechnology or medical genetics as its subjects
24th July 2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

I passed bsc in microbiology.then i passed msc in microbiology also.can i give net or set exam ?
23rd October 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

My wife has completed Msc Maths. Please advise which subject to be selected?

Please reply mail [email protected]
6th May 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

i have complited msc chemistry which subject choose in ugc net application but that in application chemistry is not there
20th July 2015, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I completed my Msc microbiology. Please reply [email protected]
21st July 2015, 08:54 AM
Education15

Dear aspirant, you are pursuing msc in botany and you are in 4th sem. So you are eligible to give exam for giving NET exam you should be in final year of PG course or your graduation should be fully completed. Now the thing you have to remember that you can't give UGC NET, but CSIR NET because your subject is botany and it comes under life sciences and this option of subject comes in CSIR NET. You can fill this option if your post graduation is in botany or zoology. Like ugcnet it is also held twice in a year in june and december. So Prepare Well And Best Of Luck!!!!!
12th November 2015, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

I have done graduation in engineering and post graduation in IT. which subject i should choose in NET.
9th May 2016, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I am a post graduate in Zoology. Plz suggest me that which subject do I select in UGC NET.
14th August 2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am student of M.Sc physics
30th August 2017, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Which subject do I select for UGC NET exam? I am a student of MSc Microbiology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?