4th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Madhur Walia

Which subject should I select between Chemical Engineering and IT?

I am interested in both the subjects but unable to select one.
Kindly tell me which engg. has best carrier opportunities?
and also tell me about the subjects i hv to read in both engg.?
Thanx in advance............

5th August 2011, 07:40 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject should I select between Chemical Engineering and IT?

Both are good branch of engineering and both have good career scope in future. But before starting your interest should be must in which you have more interest take admission in that branch. But in both branches this is not possible.

According to me you should go for IT side in this sector you have lot of areas where you can decide your career path.
5th August 2011, 09:34 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which subject should I select between Chemical Engineering and IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhur Walia View Post

Which subject should I select between Chemical Engineering and IT?

The most important priority in choosing subject should be your interest and if you are interested in both subject then you should choose subject on the basis of market and job availaibility.

Here you have two options that is Chemical Engineering and IT. Both subject are very good .There is a wide range of chances in chemical engineering as very few people likes to go in this area so you will definetely get good chance but it is little uncertain means it will depend upon your interest and knowledge in this field.

On the other hand IT also provides Royal job but in this also you will need good knowledge But traffic is little bit more here as compared to chemical engineering.

Now the decision depends upon you .Just choose only that subject in which you are truly intersted.

With Regards
ravik1214
5th August 2011, 10:47 AM
sanjeev26

Quote:
Both engineering is the good option but IT has more secure as career wise and opportunities wise
5th August 2011, 10:48 AM
samir14

Dear friend
chemical engineering and IT both are totally different subject.
IT is totally dependent on programming ,networking knowledge of different languages and every thing related computer world.
see your interest whether you like to work on computer and love to do programing or your ideas matches with chemical engineering works like research on different chemicals,working on medicine etc.
Both are totally different so choose which will make your life do not confuse.
Does not matter which branch is good its on your interest other wise you will not get success.
5th August 2011, 10:51 AM
samir14

Smile Re: Which subject should I select between Chemical Engineering and IT?

Dear friend
chemical engineering and IT both are totally different subject.
IT is totally dependent on programming ,networking knowledge of different languages and every thing related to computer world.
see your interest whether you like to work on computer and love to do programing or your ideas matches with chemical engineering works like research on different chemicals,working on medicine etc.
Both are totally different so choose which will make your life do not confuse.
Does not matter which branch is good its on your interest other wise you will not get success.
5th August 2011, 11:03 AM
saurav9889

friend i would suggest that if u have no personal inclination then IT is better than chemical coz the it sector is a booming sector. every yr thousands of grad. engineer are placed in reputed it companies.also the starting salary for it sector is better as compared to core sector. also the no. of companies iun it is much larger than chemical engg.in it ur course will deal mostly with comp. languages and some basic electronics as well. on the other hand in chemical the course will be advanced chemistry as well as some allied subjects like polymers etc. will be taught.
5th August 2011, 12:40 PM
rana2011
Banned

My friend,

At first you should choose subject on the basis of market and job availaibility.

Here there are two options that is Chemical Engineering and IT. Both subject are very good .

**There has a very wide range of chances in chemical engineering as very few people likes to go in this area so you will definetely get good chance but it is little uncertain means it will depend upon your interest and knowledge in this field.

**On the other hand IT also provides Royal job but in this also you will need good knowledge But traffic is little bit more here as compared to chemical engineering.

Now, which will be batter for you that decision depends upon you .

Best of luck!
5th August 2011, 12:48 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
It is better one than Chemical because working environment is not suitable for the health in chemical engineering than in IT.

First year is same for all the branches of engineering subject common are:
Physics , Mathematics ,Manufacturing process , Chemistry , Engineering Drawing, Electronics , Electrical Technology , Fundamentals of computers , Biotech such such subjects are common in first year.
5th August 2011, 01:07 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
It is better one than Chemical because working environment is not suitable for the health in chemical engineering than in IT.

First year is same for all the branches of engineering subject common are:
Physics , Mathematics ,Manufacturing process , Chemistry , Engineering Drawing, Electronics , Electrical Technology , Fundamentals of computers , Biotech such such subjects are common in first year.
5th August 2011, 01:56 PM
aisham

Dear Friend, first of all you make sure in which field you have interest, because in which you are interested you will be able to study that even if it would be vey difficult and if you are not interested in something and you only want to take that because your friends are taking that or closed one has occupied very good job in that field that will not benefit you at all. Both the feilds are very good and in both of them there are good jobs available.

In chemical engineering you will have the following things:
  1. this engineering deals in pysical science i.e chemistry and physics
    life science i.e. biology, microbiology & biochemistry, with maths & economics
    it involves the task of transforming material or chemical into some fruitful result
    you will have to design or keep maintenance for large scale production companies
    and many other things
This has a very good scope if you do this engineering .
For Information Technology you will be having the following
  1. vadafone, airtel, hcl and many other telecommunication company and technology related company are hiring IT feild students
16th September 2011, 09:10 AM
Soni_kaur99

dear,
both are good branches of engineering..u have to decide first in which u have your ful interest..in both u have a equal chances but somewhere IT weightage is more.....
16th September 2011, 09:11 AM
Soni_kaur99

dear,
both are good branches of engineering..u have to decide first in which u have your ful interest..in both u have a equal chances but somewhere IT weightage is more......al the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?