30th June 2012, 01:06 PM
j.asthaana

Which subject should I take in B.A to join IAS?

i am clear class 12 exam so which subject we can give for in B.A to help in I.A.S

Related Questions:
  1. How to join coaching centre for preparation for IAS after completing B.Pharmacy?
  2. Which subject should I take in B.A to join IAS?
  3. Can I enter IAS with medical subject?
  4. Subject related to IT in IAS examination?
  5. When do I need to start coaching for IAS? I am about to join B.Sc in Zoology
  6. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  7. Completed BCA : Which optional subject is suitable for me for IAS exam?
  8. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
  9. How should I prepare for IAS after passing B.Com from patna university? What is the syllabus for civil services? Best institutes for IAS for commerce subject student?
  10. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
  12. Which subject combination to choose for IAS exam?
  13. Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?
  14. How can I crack IAS? What is the syllabus for the same?
  15. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  16. Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?
  17. How should I appear for IAS exam? Books to be read for IAS mains?
  18. When should I join coaching center for preparation for IAS while in 2nd year Biomedical Engineering?
2nd July 2012, 11:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take in B.A to join IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.asthaana View Post
i am clear class 12 exam so which subject we can give for in B.A to help in I.A.S
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and is conducted by UPSC every year. You have to do degree to get eligible for IAS exams or else you won’t be eligible to write the exams.

It means you have to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. You can choose any stream as per your Interest, final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, But firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

## Paper - I one of the Indian Languages
## Paper - II English
## Paper - III Essay
## Paper - IV & V General Studies
## Paper - VI,VII,VIII & IX Any two optional Subjects

Optional subjects:

## Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the 25 optional subjects Given Below(300 marks for each paper)

1)Agriculture 2)Animal husbandry and veterinary studies 3)Botany 4)Chemistry 5)Civil engineering 6)Commerce 7)Economics 8)Electrical engineering 9)Law 10)Geography 11)Geology 12)Indian History 13)Mathematics 14)Management 15)Mechanical Engineering 16)Medical science 17)Philosophy 18)Physics 19(Political Science 20)Psychology 21)Public Administration 22)Sociology 23)Statistics 24)Zoology 25)Anthropology

You must be a citizen of India and you must have a degree. You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below: upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(OBC).

Number of attempts:

If you are General candidates then, four attempts. For scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates there is no restriction and for Other Backward Classes it's up to seven attempts.

So, please complete your Graduation and then apply for this examination and for more details please check official website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd July 2012, 11:49 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai...

IAS means INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE THIS EXAM is conmducted by the UPSC once a year. The minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation from a recognized university.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:

Graduate students are eligible

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years.

age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years.

5 years for SC/ST candidates.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

SUBJECTS:

Physics

Geology

History

Economics

Political

Chemistry

zoology

Botony etc....

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 times choice for general candidates

7 times choice for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....
12th February 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

IS IT COMPULSARY TO TAKE SAME SUBJECTS FOR IAS AS IN BA
3rd June 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

can i take geography subject for ias while doing engineering
30th June 2015, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

Suppose i pass out upsc exam after joining the post required a cast validity
30th December 2015, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 12th class from Arts .
I have optional subjects like -. Geography, psychology, & drawing in 12th . So is it helpful to crack IAS EXAM
29th February 2016, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

I have passed class 12 and going to do B.A which subject are best? Please suggest.
27th September 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I AM B.A STUDENT WHICH SUBJECTS ARE GOOD FOR ME IN IAS?
8th October 2018, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I have passed class 12 and going to do B.A which subject are best? Please suggest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?