5th October 2010, 11:30 AM
Rahoul

Which subjects are more scoring in GATE exam?

i have completed studying most of my subjects,but haven't gain confidence even if i solve problems,,i get most of the ans right but then i think that this type of questions wouldn't be asked in gate exam,,this pulls my confidence down ..... I took coaching from ace academy,hyderabad in sumeer batch 2010
..I am referring good books for solving problems....Sometimes i study for 10 to 11 hours but still that does not seem to me enough... i am not faking ,i am telling u the truth ..i have sacrificed my college and my B.E. percentile for preparation but still i am not gaining confidence Please help me

I know i can crack gate I just want to know how i should prepare for the exam

Don't give tha ans like collect the previous gate exam papers,solve them and so on

that i have done already,i have solved previous gate and ies papers and i do well in that

just give me idea about which subject to stress more and how

give me the rough idea of number of hours for each suject

how many subjects to study in one day

and if u can suggest some more tips then i would be grateful to u

Thank u for reading my problem

5th October 2010, 05:10 PM
divey rajpal

Default Re: Which subjects are more scoring in GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahoul View Post
i have completed studying most of my subjects,but haven't gain confidence even if i solve problems,,i get most of the ans right but then i think that this type of questions wouldn't be asked in gate exam,,this pulls my confidence down ..... I took coaching from ace academy,hyderabad in sumeer batch 2010
..I am referring good books for solving problems....Sometimes i study for 10 to 11 hours but still that does not seem to me enough... i am not faking ,i am telling u the truth ..i have sacrificed my college and my B.E. percentile for preparation but still i am not gaining confidence Please help me

Don't give tha ans like collect the previous gate exam papers,solve them and so on

that i have done already,i have solved previous gate and ies papers and i do well in that

hey friend you know what to get go any competitive exam you need be cleared of what subjects to be studied and how they should be given time....how much you study is not the case ,,what is required is to knw is how the things to be done..a proper platform is necessary..you work on sub like OS,DATA STUCTURES SINCE you have not specified your trade we cant help you more at this point of time..
5th October 2010, 06:19 PM
vik111

Dear,
As you are saying you are not confident from your study still you are studying 10 or 12 hr it is only due to lack of confidence.

For being successful you should solve 10 year paper not by subjectwise its shold be as come in exam randomly.

For more help you can join MADE EASY GATE SERIES.

ALL THE BEST
5th October 2010, 07:56 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Do you know whats your major problem, why are you suffering alot just because
Quote:
i have sacrificed my college and my B.E. percentile for preparation
Yes this is your major mistake.

And more then 60% GATE Aspirants commit this mistake, because a common belive among them that GATE is a different thing which requires a higher/different level of preparetion.

I am unable to understand that whats got wrong with our youngters, they just running behind a brand, a tag of being an IITian, for making future brighter. They had just forgotten that if present will be better future will eventually ber same.

Sacrifing the B.Tech studies just for scoring well in GATE to get in Good M.Tech college is not a wise decision. While preparing for GATE individuals give lesser importance to there B.Tech, thinking that if I will prepare for GATE my B.Tech will eventually be covered. But this is a wrong thought B.Tech will surely help you in GATE but GATE will not help you in your semesters, this is the major mistake which forces aspirants to take steps which are always harmful for them.

Just answer these simple questions and your problem will be solved.

Have ever seen a GATE Topper or a good GATE scorer who has bad performance in his/her B.Tech?? Then why you have chosen this path? Are you special?

Ask a GATE Topper, if he/she had compromised with his/her semester results for GATE??

I am not neglecting the point that GATE is a different thing which requires a higher/different level of preparetion, but it doesn't force your to sacrify with your B.Tech.

Infact if your academic performance in B.Tech will be good, your way to GATE will eventually get easier.

It may seems like a lecture, but it is true, you believe or not.......!

Dont try to hide from your fear, just try to overcome it.

Best of Luck
5th October 2010, 08:05 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

FIRST of all i want to tell you that the subject of GATE is different for different branches
and want to the main scoring subjects for GATE how can we tell you untill and unless you will not tell your branch.
and the thing which you have told that there is no benefit after solving previous year papers,and joining coaching institute.
dear i think your not studying in proper manner which is must FOR GATE.
tell me your branch then i will tell the main subjects.ok dont get upset
5th October 2010, 09:00 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Which subjects are more scoring in GATE exam?

dear Rahoul,

I understand your problem.I think you are littlebit over confidence and littlebit fear about your future.

and frankly speaking this is not a good idea to sacrifise your regular college.GATE is an exam by which the paper setter ask for your basic knowledge and your ability.Both of the mentioned things we everyone got from our class by regular discussion.

And for pattern of examination you need to follow previous year question papers.it is also needed.and solving them to increasing confidence.daily study time is essential obiviously but it is not needed to study for a long day..try to play with friends which can help you to get out of fear.and you will get a fresh mood..........

good luck..........
5th October 2010, 09:00 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

If u have nice talent you can clear any subject, working hardly 5 to 6 you can clear that easily.. G.K PUBLICATION IS VERY GOOD FOR GATE PREPARATION . ........I know i can crack gate I just want to know how i should prepare for the exam

give me the rough idea of number of hours for each subject. do well and have the success. I AM INSTRUMENTATION , FOR ME THIS TIME IS EASY ONLY, WHY NOT YOU ALL?????????/
6th October 2010, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

what topics are covered maximum to get better score in gate?
6th October 2010, 08:55 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i think you have taken lot of stress for the preparation for the gate exam,firstly i want to say that if you want to get success in any field then you must have peace of mind and confidence.So, first try for getting mental peace, confidence and patience.

Now, i am telling about your question,Friend in GATE 2011 the engineering mathematics will be scoring subject.I want to inform you that GATE 2011 is conducted by IIT,Madras and there is announcement that 15% question will be come from engineering mathematics.

Mind that friend do not loose your confidence and patience ,your are labouring so hard and i hope you will be get success.

Bes5t of luck
15th October 2010, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I have heard that some subjects are optional in GATE-CS paper .is it true??if so then which subjects are optional??
22nd October 2010, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeks View Post
FIRST of all i want to tell you that the subject of GATE is different for different branches
and want to the main scoring subjects for GATE how can we tell you untill and unless you will not tell your branch.
and the thing which you have told that there is no benefit after solving previous year papers,and joining coaching institute.

My branch is Electronics and Communication

If u can help then it would be very nice of u
22nd October 2010, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeks View Post

My branch is Electronics and Communication

If u can help then it would be very nice of u

Rahoul
1st November 2010, 01:27 AM
sanjusabu

Quote:

I cannot understand why you are so depressed with your preparations as technical knowledge is very much nedded for GATE and if you prepare well in technical means subjective knowledge then you can do well in both your semester and GATE.

Now-a-days as GATE patterns has changed you can give stress in aptitude sections also as it carries 15 marks and try to solve all the exercises in your books and also cover whole syllabus.

TIPS :- At the time of solving exercises first start with easiest problems then more harder and then more harder and in this way you can gain a huge confidence.

You can also try to improve your mathematics as this subject covers almost 15-20 marks in GATE. You can improve here only by more and more practice.

But I cannot help you more as you haven't specified your stream in engineering. So reply again with your stream and also the subjects you like more.
20th November 2010, 04:39 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:

Once you are decided to take up GATE exam and read important information related to it, you are ready to go ahead with preparation. I have few suggestions for students who are serious about cracking GATE exam.

I divided the whole process of preparation in few steps and every individual student who aced the GATE will follow these in one or the other way. These are just simple guidelines but the most important thing is your dedication and determination. If you read these steps and appreciate them but don’t follow them then these are of no use. Therefore, I recommend every student to be very sincere and give a good try. The steps are as follows.

* Buy or get a copy of previous year question papers if possible with solutions. Having a hard copy is very important and we are going to refer it again and again during whole preparation.
* Refer to syllabus and analyze the number of questions asked in each subject. As all subjects don’t have equal marks, few subjects are preferred over others. I mean few subject may have more questions asked in exam than others. I don’t have this subject break up for GATE. If you have done this exercise, please share with us to share with many other students and also we can have a discussion over its validity.
* Make a priority list of subjects based on marks or preference given it in previous exams. Marks distribution of subject will help you prioritize and allocate preparation time to different subjects. If distribution is not prepared we usually end up in a random preparation and finally will have tough time dealing with important subjects.

Just for example, in GATE CS and IT paper, around 15~20% is from Mathematics, and then Programming and Data Structures, Theory of computation, OS and digital logic.
* Allocate realistic time for each subject. And read it all, as there is huge to cover and it’s easy to ask few marks question from anywhere in a subject.
* Finish through reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.
* Once finish a chapter, go back to GATE Question papers and solve the problems from that chapter. These days there lots of question banks available in market for GATE do buy one and practice. Also to try to get Test Series from other friends. Solve all of them. This will help you to assess yourself for level of understanding of the chapter you read. Use a single note book for question answer solution because you may refer it while revising.
* Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before. Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts. Have a look of question you solved during preparation for GATE and remember how you solved them.
* Keep last 15 days for fast practice and revision. Solve as many papers and question banks as you can get from any source.
* Keep documents related to GATE like, acknowledgment of application, like hall tickets, application number and other details, in a safe place. Give it to mom or someone responsible, who can give that back to you when you need them. This is to avoid last minute tension for obvious things.
22nd November 2010, 04:55 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:

I think you study your whole syllabus and but not planned that how to handle that i will tell you follow this steps to solve your query:

Prepare 3 summary of each subject level 0, 1 and 2.

Every week you can go through all summary of all syllabus.

Give more time to subject which is more difficult. Generally electronics and microprocessor are such subject which student find tough in their study join any national level test series from that you can analyse you ranking at national level and that will boost you with confidence.
5th December 2010, 02:57 PM
lavanyaratala

GATE exam is not an ordinary exam to divide weightage for different subjects........Every year the paper setters may divide it according to their will and wishes.....So choose some subjects of your own and read them full fledgedly
8th December 2010, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

which subjects are more scoring in gate exam for ECE?
13th December 2010, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

hello
my branch is cse, can u tell me which subjects are more scoring because i don't get engough time to prepare for gate exam.
13th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are more scoring for Computer Science for GATE 2011?
14th December 2010, 08:07 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects are more scoring in GATE exam?

hello friend

your problem is really a good one to think about

as you said that you're very good at problem solving and the knowledge you gained from your work outs and the coaching centers

but you lag in the confidence

so first build up the confidence and attitude

for this you build more faith on you don't get tensed all the aspirants will prepare like you only

you'll definitely get a very good seat in IIT

your desire will get fulfilled

and for the mental peace and confidence do some healthy excercises like

meditation

reading personality development books

by the authors like BV pattabiram

all the best

~aditya~
16th December 2010, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

I am mahesh i will study just before an exam in academics but i get good percentage 80 i am passionate about gate can u tell me tips for success in gate ?
18th December 2010, 12:47 PM
sindhusweety

hello,
my dear friend after going through your views i came to know about that you are lacking confidence .i want to say that please remember every time that the benefits that you achieve after success and at the that loss that you never regain that benefit.be interest want youare doing.i hope that my suggastion will help you
23rd December 2010, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

what is the starting point for preparations for gate?
24th December 2010, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

hye ,Im anas siraj and doing engg. from EC branch.i dont know actually the word aptitude used for what.will u give me some idea about it please.and is there any more subjects lie general knowledge in gate entrance
2nd February 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

MADE EASY GATE test series wont help. It will depress you rather gain confidence because they dont frame their test on gate syllabus. they focus on IES exam only. So there will be very difficult problem in test series. But Always remember that even the students studying ther are not able to gain even 50% marks in that paper.

what can help you now is to focus more on those subject in which you can perform well. but dont run for subjects from which not much questions are appearing in exam. The time is to get stress free and revise only. Always Prepare a formula chart for each subject. try to cover complete formulas in 4 to 5 pages only for a single subject. Just revise the subjects only because there is no time to read anything new.
Hope you have done Last years Gate problems..

Rest leave on God, Try to do your best..... whatever you deserve you will get that..
28th February 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

hai sir ,
i am muhammed abbas i am studing aeronautical engineering 2nd year ,i want to score good marks in gate for iit bombay in aerospace.
which subject shall i concentrate for good scoring. i am in confusion .
i have 55%presently. how to increase my b.tech %. plzz. guide [email protected]
26th March 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

everything depends on the exam time that is your status of your mind
26th March 2011, 01:56 PM

I want to be prepare for gate 2012, from chemistry.
Try to give me any trick to crack it.
27th March 2011, 02:20 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear,

don't worry about this 6 years.don't think can you do.No age limitation.start reading your college books.It only enough.No need of extra materials.If you like you can buy a latest material in book shop.
it is easy to study books without exam stress.start studying.if you have any more clarifications,

all the best..............
28th March 2011, 04:43 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

HI
for electronics paper AEC and DEC are most scoring .
And for electrical NT and power electronics generally fetch good marks.
And also do a bit of aptitude work as this also helps in scoring better.
8th July 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,,
I AM AN ELECTRICAL STUDENT..... I AM PURSUING B-TECH FINAL YEAR...
I WANT TO KNOW WHICH "SUBJECT WILL FETCH MORE MARKS IN GATE EXAMINATION".
8th July 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

DCF
8th July 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

HI,
I am pursuing ELECTRICAL engineering..
I want to prepare for GATE exam.. I Want to know "WHICH SUBJECT WILL FETCH MORE MARKS IN GATE EXAM"
11th September 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,tell me approximate score required to get admission in iit/nit note:sc category
11th September 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam plz tell me score required to get admission in iit/nit (for sc category)& suggest me best book 4 selfstudy branch "ECE".thank u.
14th September 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi!!!!!
MY Dear, Friends....I am Shrikanth.
I want to know which books are most useful for the preparation,for this GATE2012...
I am From Computer science branch...please give the books and author name for preparation.
If I get the links for downloading the useful books for CS then I will be very thankful to you all guys....
Please Help me....Friends....
17th September 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

which is the most helping book for GATE exam in ece branch?
29th September 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

which subject is more important for cse student to crack gate exam?????? pl rpl soon...........
5th October 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

haiii
do'nt think that ur laging in gaing the confidence.be positive..
be sure thct wat u thinks we comes out .so,my dear leave it the feling thet u r laging in confidence.be sure that u will get a good rank in gate.expect posive results...the result will be +ve.when u thinks that u can doo n achive anything "u can do that.sooo...ur part is not at all completed by jst preparing for the gate and the most imp is that u r sure that u have prepared well.so,please leave it the thing "im nt geting the confidence",be sure that u have prepared well and u can ache=ive any thing...aa beautifull live is waitng 4r uu.dnt misss it.
all the best u..be as the one form manyyy..
5th October 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

can u tel me subjects which can help for more scoring in gate.
i'm from ece dept... plzzz tell me
6th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Balamurali.boddeti

hi friend,
you are saying iam studying 10 to 11 hours per day really i appreciate you for your hardworking nature.

but why are you degrading yourself
you didnot mention your branch first of all be clear with mathematics it will give you around 15 marks so be clear in basics and concept
you are saying do not answer like solve previous papers and again saying lack of confidence
if you are clear with your concepts then it is time to increase speed and frequency solve as many as possible it will increase your confidence and also increase your speed in solving and in ace they will tell which subject contributes more because iam also ace student so plan for the subjects that contribute more

can i have your contact number please? this is your anonymous friend Bala murali
all the best
thanq
12th October 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

hello
my branch is eee, can u tell me which subjects are more scoring because i don't get engough time to prepare for gate exam.
7th November 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

make ur basic concepts clear & solve as many question u can solve all the best for gate 2012
26th January 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

which subject is more scoring in instrumentation engineering?
19th June 2012, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

iam a mech eng graduate,i like to write gate exam now,upto now i did't prepared for that, i prepared only for semester exams to score good marks.i have about 7 months remaining, is it possible to score better mark in gate if i start studying now onwards by joining a coaching centre, my aim is to get placed in psu companies
11th July 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello! I am the student of 2nd year Mech. & I want to know which subjects i should focus from 1st year dat wud help me for qualifying GATE exam? pllllllzzzz guide me from where & when i should i start???
14th January 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

hello i am a EC student n which subject is more scoring for me to crack gate........and pllzz sir also give me some more important tips to crack gate............
22nd February 2013, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hi friends...i am an average student but i want to clear gate with a good marks.but i always lack confidence.my mind always try to demotivate me by saying that gate are only for high iq people nt for the average 1 bt i want to be realy in an iit..please tel me dis is my numbr 09855963200
Plz plz help me
31st October 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

hello i am a EE student n which subject is more scoring for me to crack gate........and pllzz sir also give me some more important tips to crack gate............
please tel me dis is my email ID :[email protected]
Plz plz help me
12th July 2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the process for applying for gate by online or by any other source?
I am 4th year of ece and all subjects should be cleared or not ? for applying for gate ?
and when we have to pay for gate exam nd when will be the exam....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?