30th May 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?

Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science? How can I prepare for that? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? Just let me know what all I need to follow to get the job!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow for getting a Government job or other job after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  2. What is the best government job in computer science engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  4. How to get a job in Indian Railways after completing B.Tech computer science with 55%?
  5. Can I get government job in Punjab after completion of B.A graduation?
  6. Available Government Jobs after completion of BE in CSE?
  7. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to get government job or other jobs after completion of BSc comp.science? -- [New]
  9. How can I get Government Job after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering? How much salary I can get from a Government Job?
  10. Any government jobs for computer science branch students?
  11. Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  12. How can I get a government job after B.E in computer science engineering
  13. Which Entrance Exams should I give after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science to get a Government Job?
  14. Which course is better for me after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  15. List of Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in CSE?
  16. Can I get a government job after completing 3 years Diploma in compuer science?
  17. How to get a government job after doing B.E in computer science? What are the job opportunities?
  18. Can I do B.Com after Diploma in Computer Science? Will I get government job after this?
31st May 2015, 12:00 AM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?

While you are in Final year of B.tech , you can apply for the Gate exam . If you get good rank in Gate exam , then the recruiters of the different Government companies will call you for the Interview.

Some of the Government companies which will recruit Gate rankers are ,

Iocl
Bhel
Bsnl
Drdo
Isro
Mtnl
Ntpc

To get good rank in Gate exam , you shouldbe well prepared in all your Core subjects .

To get job in anyone of the above mentioned companies , you shouldhave Good command in all your core subjects.
31st May 2015, 01:53 PM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?

I am sorry but there are very less number of seats available in the government jobs as compared to the other core branches in the technical field. Appearing in GATE, you should be getting an AIR under 100 to get a job in the government industry because there are not much jobs available for the CSE branch.
The jobs in PSU like BHEL IOCL etc are for civil, electrical and mechanical engineering candidates.
But if you want to get a government job, then it is recommended that you should go on for the non technical jobs because the number of seats available are more.
31st May 2015, 08:08 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

There are many Government jobs available for Computer Science Engineering Graduates.It is true that there is less jobs for Computer Science graduates as compare to other Core Branches.You can get the Jobs in Government Sector through GATE Score Card,Because many government Sector Companies recruit GATE Qualified Candidates.The Companies those prefer GATE Qualified candidates are as follows:-

1.Indian Oil Corporation. (IOC)

2.Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL)

3.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)

4.Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)

5.National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC

6.Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)

7.Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)

8.Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)

9.Oil nd Natural Gas Corporation of India(ONGC)

10.Bharat ELectrical Limited(BEL)

There are many other government Jobs for those you can apply are as:-
1.SSC Combined Gradudate Level Exam(CGL),SSC other Exams.

2.UPSC IAS Exam

3.UPSC IFS Exam

4.Banks Exam.
5.State level Government Jobs Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?