10th September 2012, 05:44 PM
thambidurai2010

Are there any courses for 10th completed students in IIT?

after completing Xth standard one of my friend's son wants to study engineering courses in iit?

26th November 2012, 05:37 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are there any courses for 10th completed students in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thambidurai2010 View Post
after completing Xth standard one of my friend's son wants to study engineering courses in iit?

A candidate can not study any courses for IIT direct after completing your 10th exam........

Here is some courses that you can join after 10th.....

List of Courses after 10th:

• Diploma Management
  • Lower Division Clerk
  • ECG Technician
  • District Staff Officer
  • Data Entry

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
26th November 2012, 10:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't join IIT after 10th class. You should be atleast 10+2 pass with physics , chemistry and maths to apply for IIT entrance exam.

So if you want to join IIT then you can complete your 10+2 with physics , chemistry and maths.

There are only 3 ways to join IIT as student which are as follows:

-After 10+2 with physics , Chemistry and maths through IIT JEE.

-After B.Tech. Graduation through GATE .

-After B.SC. through IIT JAM.

So choice is yours what entry you want to choose.

But one thing is for sure .There will be very high level of competition when you are aiming for IITs because IITs are one of the most reputed institutes of the world.

So prepare for it and best of luck for your future.

For more information visit following sites:

http://www.iit.ac.in
10th December 2012, 03:27 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Are there any courses for 10th completed students in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thambidurai2010 View Post
Hi

Sir, IIT's as you may know are the top technical institutions in our country. Its the Indian Institutes of Technology. They are also one of the oldest organizations in India which has provided unparalleled education and technical studies to its students over the past decades.

As per your query, I would have to say that NO, No student can do ANY course in IIT's just after passing Class 10th. This is because IIT's are colleges and not schools. The minimum Eligibility Criteria to take admission in any course in the IIT's is that the candidate should be a minimum 12th pass in SCIENCE stream. Not even Arts nor Commerce students can take any entry in the IIT's.

At first he would have to take up Science stream in Class 11th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as 3 compulsory subjects. After which he would have to study that for 2 complete years in 11th and 12th grade. After that he will appear for the Class 12th boards and must score a minimum 60% aggregate in it to take up Engineering in IIT's.

Also he would have to appear for the IIT JEE Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted by the IIT's every year in the first weekend of April. So otherwise there are other courses that he may look for in other Diploma and Polytechnic colleges.

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
18th April 2013, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

my aim is C.A im i right
19th April 2013, 12:47 AM
kavya23195

For students having appeared their class 10th examinations there are no options in the IIT's however there are IIT entrance preparation classes for students wanting to pursue engineering post 10+2.
Those are reputed coaching centres and you might get yourself enrolled with them however it is not a prerequisite for getting selected. It is personal hard work that helps most to achieve the coveted seat at IIT. You can just as well score better without attending the overpriced coachings and studying on your own. Also only recently IIT's take into account your performance in your class 12th board examinations so concentrate on improving grades in those. All the best for your future. Hope I helped
19th April 2013, 02:54 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Here is a complete chart that will not only help you to select the best field in class 10th, but also in class 12th if you go for the higher studies.

All The Best

19th April 2013, 12:22 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...........

Diploma Courses after 10th

1) Electronics and communication.

2)Computer science

3)Mechanical

4)Electrical

5)Civil

6)Information science

7)Instrumentation Technology

8)Biomedical

3rd November 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

How many years iit course
16th January 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th now and want to do Civil engineering and become a builder so which line and which courses I should choose?
15th June 2014, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

SIR
I HAVE LOTS OF DOUBT IN PREPARING FOR IIT BUT I AM COMFORTABLE WITH STUYING GROUP 3 {COMMERCE , ECONOMICS, COMPUTER SCIENCE, ACCOUNTS } SO THERE IS ANY WAY TO GET INTO IIT PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD AND CLEAR EXPLANATION ABOUT IT
29th June 2017, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

My daughter wants to take admission in IIT she will appear for 10th exam this year what should she do for that which stream to take up in 11th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?