21st October 2015, 02:40 PM
Giri Achari

Is there any field in TCS related to Civil Engineering?

Sir/Madam,
I am studying Civil engineering final year.. In this month we have TCS on campus in our college.... Is there any fields in TCS related to civil engineering such as design softwares like AUTO CAD,STAAD PRO?????

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Tech. in Civil Engineering after B.E. in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. In which course related to Civil Engineering should I do masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?
  3. Various software related field to Civil Engineering? Information about Primavera and Micro Station?
  4. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  5. Which is a better course related to aviation field?
  6. Which is the related course to Civil Engineering?
  7. What is the relation between Core and IT?
  8. Which are the MBA courses related to Civil Engineering Field? MBA colleges under Pune University and their admission process? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Details of Civil engineering related PG Diploma course?
  10. Jobs related to Electronics engineering?
  11. Companies for summer training in Civil engineering? Chances of getting a job after 1 months training?
  12. Which field is the best after doing civil engineering?
  13. Can I get good job in L&T and TCS after scoring 47% marks in 10th class and 80% marks in Civil Engineering?
  14. What kind of Jobs I can get after completion of B.Sc in Electronics?
  15. Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Is there any job that I can go for which is related to Civil Engineering? I am a 3rd year B.Tech Civil student
  17. Careers in Management after graduation in Civil Engineering?
  18. Where to find Seminars and Workshops for Civil Engineering candidates? Which societies are good for Civil Engineers to join?
21st October 2015, 05:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any field in TCS related to Civil Engineering?

Tata Consultancy Services only recruits candidates from following streams mentioned as below:

1. Computer Science.

2. Information Technology.

3. Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

4. Electronics and Communication Engineering.

5. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

6. Mechanical Engineering.

7. Network Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology in these disciplines can apply for the TCS recruitment drive, so there is no field for civil engineering graduate in TCS.

You can also check the eligibility criteria here.
22nd October 2015, 07:39 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any field in TCS related to Civil Engineering?

TCS stands for Tata consultancy services that provides the I.T. services and business solutions so there are no jobs for the candidates of civil engineering but as you are asking that in AUTO CAD and STAAD PRO solutions then i say that they have such solutions but they don,t need for the candidates like you because you can work on such softwares for designing the industrial projects but can not design these softwares because these software could only be designed by only a programmer or a software engineer and you are not that.

>> They sold such softwares to the companies that works in the field of construction and infrastructure field and you are only eligible to work in such industries because you are a professional of this field not of software so you can not work in TCS but can work for many top multi national infrastructure companies and that could give you a big name and fame.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?