1st August 2012, 12:39 PM
heartboy

Is there any minimum percentage requirement for B.Tech? How to join IAF?

i m into last year of my b.tech branch(ece)....i want to knw dat is there any minimum percentage required in b.tech to be eligible for cds i want to join IAF.PLEASE ANSWER ME I M IN A GREAT FIX

2nd September 2012, 03:42 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there any minimum percentage requirement for B.Tech? How to join IAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartboy View Post
i m into last year of my b.tech branch(ece)....i want to knw dat is there any minimum percentage required in b.tech to be eligible for cds i want to join IAF.PLEASE ANSWER ME I M IN A GREAT FIX
After Completing B.tech Course your eligible to apply for CDS Examination . No there is no Minimum Percentage of marks is require CDS Examination .

So, After Successful Completion for B.tech Course your eligible for CDS Examination . But you should not having any arrears in previous semester then Only your eligible for CDS Examination .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission . This Examination is held every twice in a year .

Academic Qualification :-

To apply fo CDS Examination ,the Applicant should Complete Bachelor degree from recognized University .

Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for Army and Officer training academy and to apply for Airforce / Navy Academy you should Complete Graduation in science stream with Physics and Mathematics .

You have Complete B.tech Course, So your eligible for all the four academies . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the CDS Examination .

Note :- Pass Marks is enough to apply for CDS Examination .

Age Criteria and Marital Status :-

## For Army Academy :- 19 Years to 24 years and You should be Unmarried Male candidate .
## For Airforce Academy :- 19 Years to 23 years and You should be Unmarried Male candidate
## For Navy Academy :- 19 years to 22 years and You should be Unmarried Male candidate .
## For Officer Training Academy :- 19 Years to 25 years and Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible .

Note :- There is no upper age Relaxation will applicable for any category candidates .

You should be Physically as well as Mentally Fit for the Examination and You should be Citizen of India .

CDS Examination Pattern :-

Application Procedure :-

You may apply for this Examination in both the Online and there is Offline for CDS Examination . The Cost of Examination Application form Rs. 100/- for General candidates and free for sc/st candidates .

The Important Notification for this Examination CDS Examination in Official website and Employment news paper .

For More Information Please Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
2nd September 2012, 05:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any minimum percentage requirement for B.Tech? How to join IAF?

There is no minimum percentage of marks required in B.Tech. to join IAF through CDS.

UPSC conducted the Combined Defence Service(CDS) entrance exam twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

In order to join IAF through CDS, one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate only having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam/B.Tech. or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

You can also join IAF through AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) conducted by Indian Air Force for entry in to Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream or B.Tech. with 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch, 18 to 28 years for Technical Branch and 20 to 23 years for Ground Duty Branch.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
2nd September 2012, 09:02 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

dear ,

for b.tech you can have at least 55% in 12th
you must have hpass 12th form physics ,chemistry ,maths background

IAF: INDIAN AIR FORCE

you can apply in iaf :

when you have done either or you have done all the education qualification as:

--12th pass

--for graduate

--for post graduate

--for engineers

age limit criteria:

for officer:

16 1/2 to 19 --for nda

19 to 23 --for graduate in flying branch

18 to 23 --for graduate in technical branch

--you should be citizen of india

essential features:

must have sense of adventure
willing for the nation
must be fond of traveling

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?