17th January 2012, 05:54 PM
hukia

Is there any percentage of marks required at graduation level for IPS?

Is there any % of mark at graduation level required for IPS ?...please tell me if its true

22nd January 2012, 06:45 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any percentage of marks required at graduation level for IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukia View Post
Is there any % of mark at graduation level required for IPS ?...please tell me if its true
No, there is no percentage criteria to apply for Indian Police Service exam. The examination is generally known as civil service exam any graduate may write the exam, irrespective of their stream and the marks secured in the exam.
Apart from being a graduate, you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for candidates from general category, 21-33 years for candidates from OBC category and 21-35 years for candidates from Sc/St category.

The civil service examination comprise of three stages including two written exam and an interview. In order to get selected for the desired services, you need to qualify each stage with good marks, except of the first stage of the exam, known as preliminary exam which is of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in it is not added in the final selection.

For more information, refer to the official website of union public service commission.
3rd May 2012, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any percentage of marks required at graduation level for IPS?

is there any percentage required in bcom graduation level to become an ips officer ?
13th October 2012, 04:44 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

No, my dear friend, there's no such requirements. The only requirement is you have to clear the entrance exam of Civil Services first.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Graduate in any stream from recognized University.

2. Age Limitation:

For General Category: 21-30 years

For OBC: 21-33 years

For SCs/STs: 21-35 years

Wish you all the very best.
13th October 2012, 10:05 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukia View Post
No, there is no percentage criteria to apply for Indian Police Service exam. The examination is generally known as civil service exam any graduate may write the exam, irrespective of their stream and the marks secured in the exam.
Apart from being a graduate, you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for candidates from general category, 21-33 years for candidates from OBC category and 21-35 years for candidates from Sc/St category.

The civil service examination comprise of three stages including two written exam and an interview. In order to get selected for the desired services, you need to qualify each stage with good marks, except of the first stage of the exam, known as preliminary exam which is of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in it is not added in the final selection.

For more information, refer to the official website of union public service commission.www.upsc.gov.in
18th November 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH TIME IS REQUIRED FOR THE COMPLETE PREPARATION OF UPC EXAM?
25th March 2014, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me after 2 what study i should do which is the most most suitable and preferred to become an IPS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?