23rd December 2015, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Percentage required in graduation to apply for IPS officer?

Respected sir,
My name is Imran Hussain now am student of TDC 1st semester with history major unden Gauhati university (Assam). My HSLC percentage is 52% and HS(arts) percentage is 53% under AHSEC. I want to be an I.P.S officer so, sir after graduation can I apply for IPS exam and how many percentage graduation. There for i request to you sir please send it's details in my mail [email protected] or face book id-https://m.facebook.com/eatywm.

25th December 2015, 03:58 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in graduation to apply for IPS officer?

Yes you can surely become an IPS officer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having scored 52% in HSCL and 53% under AHSEC as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
25th December 2015, 04:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in graduation to apply for IPS officer?

There isn't any percentage criteria mentioned by UPSC on the notification of the exam. You just need a degree in any stream from a recognized university with pass marks to become eligible for this exam.

Therefore, don't worry about the percentage of marks in graduation and be prepared for the exam. UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam and you have to apply for it for becoming an IPS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?