28th May 2015, 12:59 PM
Ankit Khola6+

Is there any scope in Merchant Navy after 10th? Can I join Merchant Navy without doing any professional course?

Please explain me that what is scope in merchant navy at 10th level? Can we join merchant navy without do any professional course at 10th level?

28th May 2015, 03:48 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope in Merchant Navy after 10th? Can I join Merchant Navy without doing any professional course?

Yes dear there is a way to enter into the Merchant Navy after completion of 10th and 12th. Here I am giving the Way to get into Merchant Navy after 10th.

After 10th you will have to qualified in the Course called " Pre Sea Courses ". So here I am giving you the details about " Merchant Navy " after 10th .

Pre Sea Training :

Under this Training there is Various Courses like " deck training, Saloon Training and Engine Training" .

Eligibility for Pre Sea Training :

1.You should complete 10th with minimum 45% of marks in Maths, Science and English are the Main subjects from the recognized board.

2.And also you need to qualified in 10th with minimum 40% of marks in all other subjects.

3.Age should be in between these limits.

--> Minimum Age should be : 17 years

--> Maximum Age should be : 25 years.

But I suggest you to you must complete atleast 12th with PCM are the Main subjects if you have interest in Merchant Navy. Since there are lot of opportunities after 12th in Merchant Navy.
28th May 2015, 05:09 PM
jhavikas39

Default Re: Is there any scope in Merchant Navy after 10th? Can I join Merchant Navy without doing any professional course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit Khola6+ View Post
Please explain me that what is scope in merchant navy at 10th level? Can we join merchant navy without do any professional course at 10th level?
You can not join Merchant Navy after passing 10th class.

You can join Merchant Navy after passing 12 with minimum 50% marks in following subject:-
> Physics
> Chemistry
> Maths

After passing 12th you have to apply in college like:-
> Indian Institute of Marine, Kolkata
> Indian Institute of Marine, Bombay
> Indian Institute of Marine, Goa
28th May 2015, 11:14 PM
savneybillford

You can join the merchant navy right after 10th. But not as a deck officer but as a sailor. And right now merchant navy is on a back track. They simply have a lot of people and vacancy is very low. So many merchant navy graduates are still waiting for their visas to arrive. So I can say that the scope will be less.
And also joining right after your 10th will end make you a sailor and not an officer. I'd like to suggest you that you do your 12th and then try to join merchant navy. That will make you an officer and you will be paid better.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?