12th May 2011, 12:36 AM
krishansmarty

Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?

i am confused about optional subject and main subjects please tell me the deference between them and what subjects will be better for me for both the subjects.........

i am interested in electrical engineering.....

Related Questions:
  1. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  2. Which subjects are to be chosen by an engineering student majoring in ECE for IAS preparations?
  3. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  4. Which subjects are best for maths student for IAS (mains) preparations?
  5. Best subject for a computer science student in IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  7. How do I start IAS preparation right from 8th standard? Which stream should I select in my boards? Can I do Engineering along with IAS preparation? -- [New]
  8. How to write IAS exam if I am a engineering student?
  9. Can I get selected in electrical Engineering for one of the two optional subjects if I am BSc Electronics student?
  10. What is the difference between Electrical engineering and electronics engineering? What subjects to be focussed more on?
  11. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  12. What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student
  13. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  14. Which course is apt for IAS aspirants - LLB or Electrical Engineering?
  15. Which optional subjects to choose for Electrical Engineering for IAS exam?
  16. Which is the best graduation before the preparations for IAS?
  17. How to select a coaching institute for IAS exam? What is the criteria for getting admission? Best coaching institute for IAS exam in Hyderabad? Which subjects should a B.Tech Electrical Engineering student choose?
  18. Is it better to choose different subjects or which i had in my graduation for IAS preparations?
1st April 2012, 07:30 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishansmarty View Post
i am confused about optional subject and main subjects please tell me the deference between them and what subjects will be better for me for both the subjects.........

i am interested in electrical engineering.....
In Civil Service Examination, the second stage of the written examination only comprise of optional as well as compulsory papers but as far as the preliminary stage is concerned, it comprise of two compulsory papers.

Now, in the second stage of the written examination, also known as the Main Exam, candidates may select any two optional papers from the given list, irrespective of the stream one belong to.
Candidates, depending upon their expertise and knowledge in any specific field may select any two subjects as optional paper.

List of optional subjects:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

List of compulsory subjects:
  • One Indian language
  • English
  • Essay
  • General studies
However, as per the UPSC guidelines, candidates are not allowed to take the following combination of subjects for the optional papers:
  • Maths and Statistics
  • Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Management and Public Administration
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
  • Any two branches of engineering
  • Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
  • Commerce and Management
  • Anthropology and Sociology
6th February 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?

i am ee branch student.what i can choose art sub
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?