8th September 2016, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

How do I start IAS preparation right from 8th standard? Which stream should I select in my boards? Can I do Engineering along with IAS preparation?

I am a student of standard eight. I want to start preparations of IAS exams by my own how do I prepare ? How much time should I study at this time? List me some books which will be easier for me to understand and will help me in future preparations. Should I take commerce or arts after my boards? Can I do engineering aside this ? If yes how should I prepare ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  2. Is previous planning and preparation necessary for civil's preparation?
  3. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
  4. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  5. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  7. How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard?
  8. When can we start preparing for IAS exam? Books for preparation for IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Tamilnadu Board Matriculation Exam Geography and Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. How can i do IAS preparation through non-medical field?
  11. What is IAS and qualification required for the same? Which book is the best? Which stream is the best for IAS?
  12. How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?
  13. How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering?
  14. Best coaching institutes in Delhi and Allahabad for IAS preparation?
  15. How to join coaching centre for preparation for IAS after completing B.Pharmacy?
  16. Can I start the IAS officer preparation from my 9th standard?
  17. How to start preparing for IAS? Suggest books?
  18. Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?
8th September 2016, 10:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How do I start IAS preparation right from 8th standard? Which stream should I select in my boards? Can I do Engineering along with IAS preparation?

You are free to pursue any course in 12th or even in bachelor degree to appear or to become an I.A.S Officer.

To become an I.A.S Officer the only criteria is to qualify in Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility is candidate must have passed degree from recognised university.

So, from 8th std you just need to work on your English writing, Vocabulary, Current Affairs and Social Studies paper. Try to go through English newspaper. If you will follow all these your goal will not be more ahead of you. You can appear and qualify in examination after your degree.

As, I have mentioned candidates can pursue any course in 12th, bachelor or higher studies so no doubt you can pursue B.Tech course as well.
5th September 2019, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How do I start IAS preparation right from 8th standard? Which stream should I select in my boards? Can I do Engineering along with IAS preparation?

If i am in 8th standard how can I prepare for ias and which study is most important for this
27th September 2020, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want a book related to ias officer which will help me in my future but now i am in grade 8th
9th October 2022, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am neharika from Gujarat i am in 8 I want to become a ias officer please guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?