12th June 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Is undergraduate degree course from IGNOU valid for pursuing Post Graduation from regular university?

I have completed my under graduation from IGNOU. Now I want to do Post Graduation as well. Am I eligible to apply for Post Graduate courses from any regular government colleges or any other colleges affiliated to normal university?

Related Questions:
15th June 2018, 09:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is undergraduate degree course from IGNOU valid for pursuing Post Graduation from regular university?

The full form of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is UGC and Distance Education council approved university for undergraduate course. Its certificate is fully valid for higher studies.

You can apply for PG courses from regular university after completion of graduation from IGNOU.
15th June 2018, 03:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is undergraduate degree course from IGNOU valid for pursuing Post Graduation from regular university?

Yes you are eligible to pursue Post Graduation from any university and from any mode. You can pursue from distance mode as well as from regular mode of education.
No any question will be asked for completing graduation from IGNOU. So no need to worry.
15th June 2018, 03:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IGNOU refers to Indira Gandhi National Open University and same is one of the Central University which hold the approval of UGC ( University Grant Commission ).

Now, as far as you are concerned about the validity of degree course pursued from IGNOU for higher studies then I would like to let you know that your undergraduate degree from IGNOU is certainly valid for postgraduate degree course from any other university as IGNOU is a UGC approved university.
15th June 2018, 05:44 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** The Indira Gandhi National Open University, known as IGNOU.

** As per my knowledge, yes undergraduate degree course from IGNOU is valid for pursuing Post Graduation from regular university.

CONTACT ADDRESS

Address: School of Agriculture, New Academic Complex, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
Phone: 011 2953 5714
17th June 2018, 09:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since a diploma degree course is equivalent to higher secondary school degree course hence after completion of your diploma degree course you are eligible to pursue integrated law degree course (i.e; BA LLB degree course or equivalent)whose duration is five years.

Further, to be eligible for pursuing integrated law degree course you are required to have completed your diploma degree course with at least 45% marks . Marks relaxation upto 5 % is allowed for reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?