20th January 2016, 12:18 AM
sivam H

Upcoming exams this year for second year B.Tech student?

I am a second year civil engineering student. Please do tell me that what are the exams that can be appeared by me on this year?

29th December 2016, 01:38 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Upcoming exams this year for second year B.Tech student?

B.Tech is the graduation about engineering which is of 4 full years duration. There are majorly 5 streams that are offered in B.Tech which are:

Electronics and Communication
Electrical
Mechanical
Civil
Computer Science / IT

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and it is a good thing that you are already enrolled in one. Coming to your query about what are the upcoming exams that you can consider giving while you are in your 2nd year. I would recommend the following:

1. First of all since you are enrolled in a full time B.Tech course no other exam is required till the time you are in your final year. This is because you CANNOT enrol yourself in any other full time academic course if you are planning to do so.

2. What you can do is to take up a few certification exams which would be majorly related to the IT domain and knowledge. Some of these would be C/C++, Java programming language, Testing etc.

3. If you are interested in any other extra curricular activities such as playing musical instruments, photography, etc then you can also take up coaching / training about these. The institutes that offer such services take exams from time to time such that you develop yourself on these fronts.

4. Also, if you wish to do MBA or any other post graduation after your B.Tech then you an start preparing yourself about the Aptitude such as:

A. Quantitative Aptitude
B. Logical Reasoning
C. English / Verbal
D. Data Interpretation

Prepare yourself on these areas as all the MBA entrances question the candidates on these. And they take time for preparation.

5. Also, if you wish to take up GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering which is conducted by the IITs for admissions in M.Tech programs, you must start preparing for that from 2nd year onwards. Thus, concentrate on your B.Tech subjects deeply.

But as of now there would not be any exams that you may need to give while you are in the 2nd year of your B.Tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?