14th June 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

How can I study PhD in Chemistry in USA if secured 52% in M.Sc?

Hello,
I have completed my M.Sc in Chemistry.
I have got 52% marks in my Post Graduation.
I am interested to do PhD in Chemistry.
Please tell me how to proceed for doing PhD in USA?

28th June 2015, 12:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study PhD in Chemistry in USA if secured 52% in M.Sc?

For getting admission in Ph.D from a foreign University you need to qualify exams like GRE which is necessary for admission in a reputed University. GRE scores are accepted for admission in various post graduation and Ph.D programme by foreign universities.

In addition to GRE you need to pass IELTS/TOEFL with a decent score to prove your English proficiency as course is offered in English medium. Once you have got these two qualifications then you can apply for Ph.D admission in any foreign Universities for your Ph.D programme.
29th June 2015, 06:30 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I study PhD in Chemistry in USA if secured 52% in M.Sc?

You must crack the GRE and TOEFL Examination and once you do that you must select a University from the List that will be provided to you on the basis of the marks that you have obtained in your GRE and TOEFL Examination.
Once you do that then you must crack the Personal Interview and then you will be selected to do the course of PhD from an American University.
If you can follow this procedure and score nicely in the two Entrance Examination you will be eligible for admission to the course of PhD Abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?