28th June 2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Competitive exams available to get job in Indian Railway for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year?

Hello Friends,
I am doing my B.E. in Mechanical Engineering in a reputed institution in Chennai. Now am in my Third year of my course. I have decided to pursue my career by working in Indian Railway. So please help me to get information regarding recruitment and training. And also please give me the list of competitive exams that can be undertaken by me for getting recruited.
With Regards- Barath V R

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  2. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  3. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  4. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this?
  5. How to get jobs in Indian Railway while doing B.E ECE 3rd year?
  6. How to get a job in Indian Railway? I am a 3rd year B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  7. What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?
  8. Can I get job in Indian Railway on Intermediate basis and continue my education if studying B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year?
  9. Job opportunities in Indian Railway after B.Tech. in ECE
  10. How to get a job in railway? I am pursuing B>E 3rd year EEE
  11. Job opportunities in Indian Railway for Biotechnology students?
  12. What has to be study for Railway exams?
  13. How to get a job in Indian Railway after doing B.E ECE 2nd year in Narayana Guru College of Engineering
  14. How can I get in India Railway if pursuing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  15. Procedure to apply for summer training in Indian Railways after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering) 3rd year?
  16. Information regarding Railway Exams? How to get a Railway Job? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get a job in Indian Railway while being a candidate of B.Com?
  18. What kind of job is offered in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
29th June 2015, 11:41 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Competitive exams available to get job in Indian Railway for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friends,
I am doing my B.E. in Mechanical Engineering in a reputed institution in Chennai. Now am in my Third year of my course. I have decided to pursue my career by working in Indian Railway. So please help me to get information regarding recruitment and training. And also please give me the list of competitive exams that can be undertaken by me for getting recruited.
With Regards- Barath V R
You can join in Indian Railways by applying for the respected entrance exam. There are various entrance exams conducted for different posts in railways. Having completed B.E in Mechanical Engineering you can apply for RRB exam. The eligibility needed are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India as per nationality standard.

# Age limit needed is 18-30 years for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

If you satisfy all these then you can apply for the post of Technical Cadre in railways.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.rrb.gov.in
30th June 2015, 10:34 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Competitive exams available to get job in Indian Railway for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year?

Through B.Tech Mechanical Engineering you can apply for " Indian Railways " with different posts. To build up your career in Indian Railway you have number of options for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering.

There is a Exam called " Indian Engineering Services " for Indian Railways. By this exam you can set your career in Indian Railways.

Indian Engineering Services :

>> It is conducted by UPSC once in Every year for B.Tech students. Only four streams are eligible to apply for IES.

>> Age should be 21 to 30 years .

>> Final year candidates of B.Tech can also eligible to apply for it.

After IES you will build up your career in Indian Railways.
30th June 2015, 11:12 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Here is entrance exams demanded by you :

Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination :

** It is must for the candidates to clear the intermediate exam or its equivalent.

** They should have pursued either Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics.

** Also the candidate should have a minimum of 50%.

Railway Officers Examination

* Indian Railway Traffic Service

* Indian Railways Accounts Service

* Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers

Job options for you are :

** Junior Engineer Group / Senior Section Engineer Group

** PA, Steno, Assistant, Driver, Peon

** ASSISTANT MANAGERS (SAFETY) – DMRC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?