9th January 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

What are the available exams and branches to choose for M.Tech aspirant of IT stream?

where to take m.tech enterance exam application?
Is their any cet type for choosing an m.tech college?
what are the possible branch we can choose in m.tech for information science and engineering students?
is their payment seat for m.tech?

12th July 2012, 08:47 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the available exams and branches to choose for M.Tech aspirant of IT stream?

Hi
The best exam for opting for MTech is through

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)

For entering in any institute for MTech, a valid gate score is needed

Though there are many private universities in the south (karnatka ,tamil nadu etc)
which have their own enterance exam.

Now most of the universities come under a state and they form CET(Common Enterance Test)

So somehow if you missed GATE or got less marks then you could try for these exams too..

TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test):

conducted by Anna University

Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) Karnataka:

counducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)

Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET):

conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University on behalf of APSHCE (Andhra Pradesh state higher education council)

And yes for private colleges you can get a paid seat.

Hope this helps you

All the best..!!
12th July 2012, 08:53 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the available exams and branches to choose for M.Tech aspirant of IT stream?

Hi
The best exam for opting for MTech is through

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)

For entering in any institute for MTech, a valid gate score is needed

Though there are many private universities in the south (karnatka ,tamil nadu etc)
which have their own enterance exam.

Now most of the universities come under a state and they form CET(Common Enterance Test)

So somehow if you missed GATE or got less marks then you could try for these exams too..

TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test):

conducted by Anna University

Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) Karnataka:

counducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)

Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET):

conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University on behalf of APSHCE (Andhra Pradesh state higher education council)

And yes for private colleges you can get a paid seat.

Hope this helps you

All the best..!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?