14th March 2011, 04:28 PM
forever.santosh240

What is the BARC cutoff using GATE score for OBC students?

respected sir,
i m a ee student
i want to know about the barc cutoff using gate for obc candidates??

30th April 2011, 12:01 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the BARC cutoff using GATE score for OBC students?

Hi dear,
Qualifying Degree and Other Academic Qualifications:

* Those having M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry, Biology (or) related science subjects with minimum 60% * marks in M.Sc as well as B.Sc (or) B.E. / B.Tech. (or) equivalent with minimum 60% * marks in one of the following Engineering disciplines: Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Instrumentation are eligible to apply.

* Applicants for Physics discipline should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

* Applicants for Chemistry discipline should have Mathematics up to XII std and Physics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

* For Biology and related disciplines M.Sc in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences. (or) BE / B.Tech / B.Sc (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum (or) 60% * marks.

* MSc applicants should have Physics (or) Chemistry (or) Biochemistry (or) Agriculture Chemistry up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary (or) Ancillary level in case of 5 Year integrated M.Sc with minimum of 60% * aggregate marks in M.Sc as well as in B.Sc.

* Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of GATE Score should have valid GATE Score in Life Sciences. Those having M.Sc with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandly. Marine Biology and Home Science etc and BE / B.Tech / M.Tech in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.

* A minimum of 60% marks means that 60% minimum marks in the qualifying degree / P.G. degree as per the ordinance of the respective university in the respective disciplines (or) equivalent CGPA (converted to % marks by multiplying with 100 / x if GGPA is on x points scale).

Those whose final results of qualifying degree are awaited can also apply. In the event of selection mark sheet of final result should be submitted by 30 November, 2010.

B. BARC 2010 Age Limit:

The candidates desirous of availing DAE Fellowship should have been bom on or after 01 September, 1984. Age limit is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC and by 5 Years for SC / ST applicants.

C. Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian Citizen.

For more details visit: http://www.barc.ernet.in/
http://www.winentrance.com/admission...Admission.html
Thanks
28th February 2012, 11:43 PM
gayathrivishwagna

i am scoring 31.33 in Gate 2012 chemistry- CY, also I qualified CSIR- NET-LS, belong to OBC cat., Can I get seat in IITs? plz answer...Thank you
15th March 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i have scored 437 gate score for 1000 marks and i got 4457 gate rank..i have obc n women reservation..can i have any oppurtunities?
16th March 2012, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

can the information technology student is eligible in BARC or not
16th March 2012, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

can Information technology student is eligible in BARC
23rd March 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am passed Gate & obtained 36/100 I want admission for Mtech Computer in OBC which college in Maharashtra give me admission
29th March 2012, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am passed Gate & obtained 36/100 I want admission for Mtech Computer in OBC which college in Maharashtra give me admission
if your rank is under 1200 then apply for IIT Roorkee and IT BHU.if your rank is under 2000 then apply for all NIT.
2nd April 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

why these forum are open if no one really replies to any query
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?