13th January 2018, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic criteria to join M.Sc in Applied Geophysics?

I am pass my Graduation (B.Sc PMC and Physics and Chemistry as main subject). Am I eligible for M.Sc in Applied Geophysics? Which are the best colleges for Applied Geophysics in India? What are their basic criteria?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities in India offering MSc Geology or Applied Geology, MSc Geophysics or Applied Geophysics, MSc Hydro Geology in Distance Education?
  2. Can I apply for M.Sc Applied Geophysics if completed B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects?
  3. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Sc in Geophysics after graduation in Physics honours?
  4. In which field can I get a job after completing MSc in Applied Geophysics from IIT Bombay? How to apply for the jobs?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  6. Companies offering Summer internship in Applied Geophysics?
  7. How to get a job after MSc Applied Geophysics?
  8. Which course to take after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc in Geophysics?
  9. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  10. Eligibility to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University? -- [New]
  11. How to become a Geologist after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I do M.Tech in any field after doing MSc Tech in applied geophysics form ISM Dhanbad?
  13. Procedure to get job in NASA or ISRO for PhD(Applied Geophysics) candidate?
  14. Am I eligible to join ISRO after completion of diploma in B.Sc Geophysics?
  15. How can I apply for government job after completion of M.Sc Exploration Geophysics course from IIT, Kharagpur?
  16. Question papers of BHU MSc Geophysics?
  17. How many PhD(Applied Geophysics) seats are available in Kurukshetra University?
  18. Salary package of MSc Tech with Geophysics in BHU? In which university is the salary package the highest in MSc Tech with Geophysics?
15th January 2018, 01:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic criteria to join M.Sc in Applied Geophysics?

As you have completed your graduation with PCM from a recognised University then definitely you are eligible to apply for MSc in applied geophysics.
There are many universities which offer this course but many of them conduct entrance exam as well some also give admission on the basis of percentage secured by the candidate in the graduation.
15th January 2018, 02:59 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for this course.

Basic criteria to join M.Sc in Applied Geophysics are:-

Candidate must have completed B.Sc with Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Geology/ Electronic Science or any other equivalent qualification in relevant subject with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.

Some of the reputed universities conduct entrance examination for the admission in the course.

Best colleges for this course are:-

Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Kurukshetra University: Department of Geophysics
Banaras Hindu University: Faculty of Science
National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad
Osmania University, Hyderabad
Andhra University: College of Science and Technology, Vishakapatnam
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad
University of Roorkee
15th January 2018, 03:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Basic criteria to join MSc in Applied Geophysics:-

The candidate should have passed their B.Sc degree under any recognised University with the subjects like:-
Physics, Electronics, Botony, Zoology, Chemistry and Biochemistry.

The marks of admission for this course may vary from University to University and in various colleges and University. It conducts entrance exams plus interview for the admission.
15th January 2018, 03:26 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Yes. You are eligible for M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) after completion of your graduation.

Eligibility For M.Sc (Applied Geophysics)
- You must have passed B.Sc with physics as a main subject from a recognized university.
- You need to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission.

Top Institutes Offering M.Sc (Applied Geophysics)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Kurukshetra University
- Banaras Hindu University
- National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- Andhra University
- Osmania University
- University of Roorkee

Job Profiles
- Geophysicist
- Geophysical Advisor
- Exploration Geoscientist
- Research Scientist
- Lecturer
15th January 2018, 09:45 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

If you want to join M.SC (Master of Science) in applied geophysics course, then minimum qualification required to apply for the course is B.SC with physics and chemistry/mathematics/geology or any other equivalent qualification in relevant subjects from government recognized institute with minimum 60% marks obtained.
  • To get admission in some of reputed institutes you must have to appear in entrance exam conducted for admission of eligible candidate for post graduate degree course in geophysics.
  • Duration of M.SC geophysics course is 2 years which are divided into 4 semesters. Here below are details regarding best colleges in India offer M.SC geophysics course:-

List of Colleges Offer M.SC Geophysics Course in India:-
  1. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
  2. Ganpat University, Mehsana
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?