3rd March 2018, 08:39 AM
Hjio

Eligibility and procedure to join M.Sc in Geophysics after graduation in Physics honours?

I am a student of 1st year Physics honours and I am interested in Geophysics for M.Sc. How I can join M.Sc in Geophysics in the IIT, Khargpur?. What are the opportunities in Geophysics?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study M.Sc(Geophysics) being a B.Sc(Physics) Honours student? Percentage required to get admission?
  2. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  3. What is the basic criteria to join M.Sc in Applied Geophysics?
  4. Eligibility for PGT after post graduation in geophysics?
  5. Which course to take after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc in Geophysics?
  6. Can I become a PGT Physics Teacher through BEd course being a Geophysics postgraduate?
  7. What should I choose among Electronics, Applied Physics, Astro-Physics, Geophysics and core Physics for M.Sc after completing B.Sc(Physics)?
  8. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  9. Which course is better between Marine Geophysics and MSc Physics?
  10. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  11. Admission procedure, eligibility and availability of forms for B.Sc Physics honours in Presidency College? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What should I do having done Physics honours with 80%?
  13. Eligibility to study MSc(Biotechnology) for Zoology Honours graduate?
  14. When is the BHU MSc physics and geophysics entrance exam?
  15. Whether studying B.Sc(Physics) is enough to get admission in M.Sc(Geophysics)?
  16. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  17. How can I join Indian Police Service being a BSc(Physics) Honours student? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility to study PG Diploma in Radiology for MSc(Physics) student?
15th May 2018, 06:23 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join M.Sc in Geophysics after graduation in Physics honours?

Eligibility:
>>Candidates should get minimum 55% marks in graduation.
>>Candidates have to appear in Joint Admission Test(JAM) and have to secure a good rank.

Procedure to Apply:
»» Admission is through counseling based on the rank obtained in Joint Admission Test (JAM).

Opportunities of Geophysics:
>>If you wish to continue more higher studies in Geophysics, there are enormous opportunities. You can become a junior scientist by completing Ph.D and more higher studies.
>> Another aspect is Professional aspect. There are various vacancies in giant companies like ONGC, CIL,GAIL,IOCL,BPCL etc.. which recruits both from campus as well as through offline examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?