3rd July 2018, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?

Hello everyone, I am interested to do PhD program in Kurukshetra University in the specialization of Applied Geophysics. So, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for doing this PhD program in this institute. Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?
  2. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?
  3. Syllabus of M.Tech Geophysics entrance test at Kurukshetra University? Date of forms for the same?
  4. How many PhD(Applied Geophysics) seats are available in Kurukshetra University?
  5. Entrance exams to study M.Sc(Geophysics)? Eligibility to apply?
  6. Can I get admission for BCA in Kurukshetra University? What is the eligibility criterion? Am I eligible? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Sc in Geophysics after graduation in Physics honours?
  8. Course duration of PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?
  9. Geophysics or Astrophysics, which is better to pursue in PhD?
  10. Am I eligible to study M.Sc(Geophysics) being a B.Sc(Physics) Honours student? Percentage required to get admission?
  11. Whether studying B.Sc(Physics) is enough to get admission in M.Sc(Geophysics)?
  12. How to get admission for Engineering being a candidate having completed B.Sc in Physics?
  13. What is the percentage required for LLB admission at KU
  14. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  15. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  16. Syllabus, sample question papers with solution and study materials of AUCET for M.Sc Geophysics programme?
  17. Best books and study material for GATE geology subject
  18. Is there any 1 year course in Petroleum Exploration in India after completing B.E Mechanical?
4th July 2018, 01:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am interested to do PhD program in Kurukshetra University in the specialization of Applied Geophysics. So, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for doing this PhD program in this institute. Please tell me asap.

Eligibility to study PhD Applied Geophysics in Kurukshetra University is a Master’s Degree in Physics or Geophysics with 55% marks or MPhil Degree with 55% marks in the main subject / allied subject or its equivalent grade. Admission to the PhD Applied Geophysics in Kurukshetra University is done through an Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the university. Kurukshetra University, Department of Geophysics website link is given Click Here
4th July 2018, 11:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University?

=> Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Geophysics is an Doctorate level course and the duration of this course is five years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed post graduation from a recognized university.

=> The minimum percentage required in post graduation course for Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Geophysics course is 60%.

=> The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination which is organized by the university.
6th July 2018, 10:05 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD(Applied Geophysics) in Kurukshetra University is as follows

You must have a Master’s degree in Geophysics with a minimum aggregate of 55% from any recognized Universities. A relaxation of 5% is given to the handicapped students and SC/ST students.

You will have to qualify "UGC-CSIR NET" (including JRF) or equivalent national level exam/GATE/teacher fellowship to pursue PhD program.

Last edited by ppsahu; 6th August 2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Remove *
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?