9th May 2013, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications to get admission in B.Arch?

i am a diploma in civil engineering what r the qualification for admission b arch

12th May 2014, 11:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications to get admission in B.Arch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a diploma in civil engineering what r the qualification for admission b arch
B.Arch stands for (Bachelor of Architecture). The duration of the course is for four years and the course is for eight semester.

In order to get admission in various institutes offering Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), you will have to satisfy the below criteria ,

~The candidate should have passed in Bachelor Degree course with Mathematics as one of the major subjects from recognized university and Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Course.

~The candidates of general category should have obtained a minimum of 60% in Bachelor Degree course.

~The candidates of SC/ST category should have obtained a minimum of 55% in Bachelor Degree course.

~The candidate age should not more than 24 years at the time of taking admission for B.Arch course.

It's mandatory that the candidate should qualified in Entrance Examinations like, National Aptitude Test in Architecture
Common Entrance Test conducted by respective states etc..

Apart from this Entrance Examination lot of reputed Institution conducts it's own entrance examination within the college.

The Admission for this B.Arch course is based on Entrance Examination performance (Merit List).

So, If you satisfy the above criteria then you're eligible for B.Arch course.
13th May 2014, 01:40 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications to get admission in B.Arch?

Candidates need minimum eligibility of passing 10+2 or its equivalent. Any interested candidate appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination may also appear in JEE. You need to have subject combinations of mathematics and physics as required in the qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch. /B. Planning Courses. Subjects like Physics and Chemistry is mandatory in B.E/B.Tech courses with 50 per cent marks in aggregate in 10+2.
The entrance examination will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of equal weightage with objective type questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?