12th June 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it fine to do MBA simultaneously while doing job if I dont get a seat in GATE?

hello sir/mam;

I m pursuing btech (cse). i passed 4 th sem.. actually i m very confused to choose my carrer option i.e MBA or MTECH...i m thinking to take gate coaching in 3-2 and give an attempt in final year along with cat.. if i dont get seat then i will do my mba in parallel with job.. is that a correct way? if not please suggest a better way...

Related Questions:
  1. Can i apply for M.Com and MBA simultaneously?
  2. Can I do both MBA and CS simultaneously? Can I do CS in correspondence?
  3. What kind of problems will I face without knowledge of Economics or Statistics if I wish to go for Management Studies?
  4. Am I allowed to pursue MBA and MSc in Economics through distance course simultaneously? Am I allowed to do both the degree from the same university?
  5. Can we get a seat in IIT college through GATE? Is there any cutoff rank? Can we get a job directly through GATE?
  6. Can i do MBA and English Literature simultaneously after B.Tech? -- [New]
  7. Will CS course be beneficial to me after doing MBA? Is it possible to continue the job along with CS? Is it tough to manage both simultaneously?
  8. CAT or GATE, which is better? Whether MBA is expensive?
  9. Detailed information about Bachelor of Fine Arts? When the entrance exam will be held?
  10. Should I pursue both ICWAI and MBA simultaneously?
  11. Universities which offer MBA in correspondence? Am i eligible for stipend? I am qualified with GATE exam
  12. What should I do after completing B.Tech in civil?
  13. Can we do engineering and MBA simultaneously? How many years required to complete the degree?
  14. Should i search for a job now and get experience or wait for next GATE exam if I fail to get through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which course can we do after B.E in Electronics?
  16. Seat in college after scoring 9248 rank in GATE? Procedure for admission?
  17. Procedure to do MBA in Distance simultaneously with CA? From where to get the prospectus?
  18. Is it possible to prepare for IES and GET exam?
13th June 2011, 04:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it fine to do MBA simultaneously while doing job if I dont get a seat in GATE?

M.Tech and MBA are two different stream. M.Tech is more technically oriented whereas MBA is more administrative oriented course. It is better not to prepare for both CAT and GATE together as it could impact preparation for both. If you are keen to do M.Tech then you must focus on the same. Even if you donot do well you can try again.
13th June 2011, 07:04 PM
sagarlaha1
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is it fine to do MBA simultaneously while doing job if I dont get a seat in GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir/mam;

I m pursuing btech (cse). i passed 4 th sem.. actually i m very confused to choose my carrer option i.e MBA or MTECH...i m thinking to take gate coaching in 3-2 and give an attempt in final year along with cat.. if i dont get seat then i will do my mba in parallel with job.. is that a correct way? if not please suggest a better way...
Right you are you are totally confused because i will suggest you to go for M.Tech by GATE in good institution and it is ok if you sit in cat at the same time but if you can not score good in cat and want to persue MBA with a job then i suspect is there any good MBA college which offers a good placement after doing MBA if you do it in a part time basis.
So be steady and choose one track,and if after a lot of thinking you go for the second option then persue MBA in that field in which you are working because that will provide you the experience,which is a necessary in finding googd jobs in big companies.

Good luck.
19th June 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I'l be very pleased if u kindly get me out of this dilemma...!! I've just completed my BE this year.I have an aptitude for HRM n wish to pursue MBA in the same.Now my problem remains that i havn't appeared for CET/CAT, n can't afford to give another year for the CET exams. Do i stand a chance of getting into an MBA college? I also wish to seek a job along with my studies.
7th July 2011, 04:20 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

If you want to go in teaching field then Mtech is good
otherwise I suggest you do MBA
you are from engineering background then all organization needs will be
full fill by you because you have knowledge about practical,technical,management
so you fit for any post so normally student do MBA after engineering ..and company
hire them with smile
so you will do MBA in future
good luck
10th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend it is not good to do job and MBA simultaneously.... As you are student of CSE , so, definitely you will go for software sector.. After getting a job in IT sector you will not get any time to study for MBA..
so, you first decide that in which field you want to make your career..
If you want to make your career in technical field then go for M.tech.. if you not get any seat in GATE for the first attempt then go for it again in next year...
If you want to make career in management field then go for MBA..
But my suggestion is, if you get a job then continue the job.. Because the market is very competitive.. It is very difficult to get a job..
so, first think about it..
All the best..
11th December 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

i have done my b.com. i have secured 76% will i get a seat to study mba?
18th May 2015, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech (ECE) and got the placement in DELL. Now my question is is it possible to do M.Tech., or MBA from a reputed organisation like IIM, ISB., simultaneously with doing job.
9th October 2015, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Yes.It is possible.
Talk to your manager personally that you want to pursue higher studies along with your job.Ask suggestion from your manager.He will definitely accept and allow you to do so.
So take time and prepare for it.
It is better to do higher studies along with your job.because it is possible to do.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?