21st April 2018, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

What course should I do to become a Criminal Lawyer?

Hello Sir, my aim is to become a Criminal Lawyer. Right now, I have given my Board exam of 10th standard. Please tell me what course I should do to achieve my aim? Please tell me immediately.

30th April 2018, 02:10 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should I do to become a Criminal Lawyer?

You have to first complete your higher secondary education, then you have to appear for graduation in any disciplines or you can also appear for any integrated course containing LLB course like BA+LLB, B.Sc+LLB etc.

After completing LLB, you can continue your practice in criminal side or you can also take an internship with any famous criminal lawyer to have better knowledge.
30th April 2018, 03:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become Criminal Lawyer then you have to complete your 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board and after you have to qualify the CLAT examination to seek admission in 5 year LLB degree course.
Then only you will be eligible to practice as a criminal lawyer.
30th April 2018, 06:18 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To become a criminal lawyer you need to meet few eligibility requirements which are listed below:

- The candidate should have completed 3 years or 5 years LLB bachelors level degree from any recognised university.
- After completing the degree you need to register in the Bar Council of any State.
- After registration you need to practice for few months.
- All India Bar Council Exam (AIBCE) conducts exam. You need to attend the exam and clear it in merit.
- After clearing the exam you’ll be eligible to take up case and ready to become a criminal lawyer.

Since you are studying 10th class. You need to study 12th class in commerce/ mathematics as one of the main subject and score good marks in 12th class.
Attend any entrance exam named CLAT, LAWCET or any state level or university level entrance exam.
After qualifying the entrance exam in merit you’ll get admission in one of the top university. Score good percentage in bachelors level degree.

If you follow all the steps then you can become a criminal lawyer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?