11th June 2016, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Which field should I take in Law to become an Advocate?

Hi i am Mansi I just passed my SSC exam and want to do career in law. Which field should I take in law? I want to be an advocate either i want to be criminal lawyer of defense lawyer?

12th June 2016, 12:39 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field should I take in Law to become an Advocate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i am Mansi I just passed my SSC exam and want to do career in law. Which field should I take in law? I want to be an advocate either i want to be criminal lawyer of defense lawyer?
An advocate is defined as the one who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy. He is responsible for accurate presentation of the case and to bring it to an end. The duty of an advocate is extremely crucial. An Advocate can effectively make or ruin any case.

In order to become an advocate you have to first get an LLB degree from any university which is recognized by bar council of India. There are two ways of getting this degree. Either you can opt for this course after completing class 12. In that case the duration of this course will be five years. And if you go for LLB after graduation , then you have to study for three years.

After successfully completing this course you will have to go through an internship period which is the norms of the institution. After that you have to enroll for the to any State Bar Council. After completing registration you will be then allowed to practice in any part of the country.

As an advocate then you will have the option of setting up your own office. You can also join the senior lawyers in the profession to gain the necessary experience required. Umpteen opportunities are available in the government and private sector too. Depending on where your interest lies you can choose accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?