9th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to apply for NET exam? Which subjects are available for me?

As i am persuing mca 2nd year want to know what is criteria for applying net exam and which subject are available for me

10th August 2012, 07:42 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria to apply for NET exam? Which subjects are available for me?

NET means National Eligibility Test which is entrance exam for candidates who wish to apply for lecturer jobs in central government colleges. Those who want to become lecturer or want to pursue PhD are required to first appear in the National Eligibility Test before they can apply.

There are two very important things to remember. Firstly, NET exam is for lecturer job in central government colleges. You won't be able to apply in state government colleges for lecturer job. To do so you would have to appear in SET exam, which is conducted separately by each state.

Second important thing to remember is that National Eligibility Test is one of the most competitive exams in India. Easily more than 5 lakh candidates appear in the exam every year. Therefore it would require hard work to crack the National Eligibility Test. Students can take admission for coaching classes to prepare better for the exam.

ELIGIBILITY

1. Candidate who wish to apply for NET should be Indian Citizen.

2. You should have post graduate degree in any stream from a recognised university in India.

3. You should score 55 percent marks in post graduate course.

4. Candidates from SC/ST need 50 percent marks for National Eligibility Test.

5. The final year students of master degree course can also apply for the National Eligibility Test. However under the condition that he/she would submit the degree within two years of appearing in the entrace exam with the required percentage. Failing to do so, such candidate would be disqualified.

6. Your subject in the post graduate course should be the subject for National Eligibility Test. Which in your case means that you would have to choose "Computer Science and Applications" as the subject.

7. There is no age limit for the lecturer job.

8. Maximum age limit for JRF is 28 years.
10th August 2012, 09:48 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the criteria to apply for NET exam? Which subjects are available for me?

NET means National Eligibility Test which is entrance exam for candidates who wish to apply for lecturer jobs in central government colleges.

Firstly, NET exam is for lecturer job in central government colleges. You won't be able to apply in state government colleges for lecturer job. To do so you would have to appear in SET exam, which is conducted separately by each state.

Second important thing to remember is that National Eligibility Test is one of the most competitive exams in India. Easily more than 5 lakh candidates appear in the exam every year.

ELIGIBILITY

1. Candidate who wish to apply for NET should be Indian Citizen.

2. You should have post graduate degree in any stream from a recognised university in India.

3. You should score 55 percent marks in post graduate course.

4. Candidates from SC/ST need 50 percent marks for National Eligibility Test.

5. There is no age limit for the lecturer job.

AGE LIMIT_
JRF is 28 years.

THANK YOU
10th August 2012, 09:54 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* NET Stands for National Eligibility Test.

* The Eligibility Criteria that you require in order to set yourself eligible for the exam are mentioned below :

- You must have completed your post graduation from any recognized college/university.

* You must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in your post graduation if you belong to General Category.

* There is also a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

* There is no age limit for lecturer post but if you are willing for JRF post , then the maximum age allowed is 28 years.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, twice in a year.To apply for this examination you have to fulfill the given Criteria:

1. You have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks from a recognized University.

2. Final year appearing candidates are also appeared for this examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for these posts of NET : Lectureship and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).

There is no upper age restriction to apply for lectureship post, but for Junior Research Fellowship post your age should not be more than 28 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for NET Examination.

You can appear in the NET exam of your Post graduation degree subjects.For this you can go the subject list as under-

http://ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php
12th August 2012, 11:01 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test
conducted bye UGC twice in every year.

Eligibility for NET:

=> A candidate must have completed their post graduate degree with at least 55% from recognise universities.

=> Final year student may also applicable for NET.

=> Age limit should not exist 28 years for general category.
There are relaxation available in upper age for OBC and SC/ST.

All the best
25th May 2014, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

how can i can apply for net exam when having secured 66%marks in b.Tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?