7th March 2012, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after diploma in Instrumentation?

Can i join indian navy after diploma in instrumentation ?

7th March 2012, 01:02 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after diploma in Instrumentation?

If you have done 2 year Diploma course after completion of your 12th class, then you are eligiblel to appear for NDA Exam which is the common entrance exam for the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

Because the minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can appear for this exam is by completion of 12th class or equivalent course like Diploma from a recognized institute.

In order to be eligble for Navy wing, one should have to possess Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in 12th class or equivalent course.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class or its equivalent course can also apply for this exam.

As you have completed Diploma in Instrumentation, if you are having Mathematics and Physics as the subjects in your Diploma course, then you are eligible to appear for this Exam.

Otherwise, you are not eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings. But there is a chance for you to apply for Army wing.

As per age criteria,you should have to possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years to apply for this Exam.

You should be an unmarried male candidate to apply for this Exam.

If you fall under required age criteria, you can apply for the respective Defence wing of NDA Exam but make sure that you are fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
7th March 2012, 01:31 PM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Navy after diploma in Instrumentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i join indian navy after diploma in instrumentation ?
Dear friend if you have joined diploma after your 1oth then your not eligible, but if you have studying diploma after your 12th then your eligible for defense services

there 2 types criteria to join Indian Navy

1.) after 12th through NDA

you have to complete 12th with mathematics and physics

age limitation 16.5 yrs to 19 yrs

you have to clear NDA exam conducted by UPSC and then Interview

2.)After completing degree

you have to complete degree from reconized university

you have to crack CDS exam conducted by UPSC then SSB/SSC selection camp which includes some written test, medical test, interview, then on merit bases you will be recruited

age limitation 2oyrs to 25 yrs
8th March 2012, 07:10 AM
tanu47

Yes dear,
If you have done 2 year Diploma course after completion of your 12th class, then you are eligiblel to appear for NDA Exam which is the common entrance exam for the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
a Army wing
b Navy wing
c Air Force wing

12th must be passed from a recogd. Board.
All the best.
19th April 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Ihave passed the 12th Arts with but iam in final year of my diploma [with math and physices] am i eligibet
15th August 2012, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma after 10th class with 75% of aggrigate. for not completing 18 years age i joined btech, now i completed 18 years. is their any possibility to me to apply to navy?
15th August 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma after 10th class with 75% of aggrigate. for not completing 18 years age i joined btech, now i completed 18 years. is their any possibility to me to apply to navy?
4th December 2012, 05:33 PM
CHOGC

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Navy after diploma in Instrumentation?

My dear friend,
Sorry you cannot join INDIAN NAVY after diploma in Instrumentation.
I'm giving you all the minimum criteria for eligibility, selection process,etc;
I think this may help you a lot.
Post name:Indian Navy SSC officers in Executive & Technical branches

Technical Branches:

1. Engineering Branch

2. Electrical Branch

3. Naval Architecture (NA) Cadre

Executive Branch:

4. General Service (X)

5. Pilot

6. Observer

7. IT

8. Logistics (Works)

Age Limit:

Candidates must have at least 19 years and the max age limit is 24 years as on 01-07-2013 for general candidates.For OBC Candidates 3 years upper age relaxation and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates as per the government of India reservation rules.

Selection Process:

Indian navy selection process is based the performance in 3 rounds.You can have the list of things have to perform in 3 stages listed below

comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test,

Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT)

Psychological Testing.

Try to apply for B.Tech in Mechanical. Now combination of both Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering is having a great opportunity in the society.
All the best.
4th December 2012, 09:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Indian Navy then you should be from Maths and Physics academic background.

Without maths and physics you will not be eligible for Indian Navy.

One can join Indian Navy through following exams:

-After passing 10+2 with physics and mathematics you can apply for NDA exam and after cracking NDA exam you will be sent to Naval Academy for Graduation.

-You can also apply for non officer posts like Artificier Apprentice and Senior Secondary Sailor after the 10+2 with physics and mathematics.

-After Graduation in Engineering or maths or physics can apply for CDS exam if they want to join Indian Naval Academy . Age should be between 19 to 22 years for Naval Academy.

The selection is based of the following stages :

-Objective type paper

-SSB interview

-Medical examination

Hence if you want to join Indian Navy then you should have above qualifications.

For more information visit http://www.indiannavy.nic.in
2nd March 2017, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Currently I am doing diploma in instrumentation(3 years) and I have already finished my 2 in commerce subject can I join navy?
But in my instrumentation course their is no physics
25th June 2018, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I am Priyanka .I have to ask you that ,I am girl And I have completed my diploma in Instrumentation and control engineering,and degree from same,so how can I join Indian Navy,because I am not completed my 12th. So please give me information about this.my mail ID is [email protected].
8th February 2021, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma after 10th & my age is 22 year 2 month can i join Indian Navy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?