1st April 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to join IAF? I am a girl and want to do B.Tech in CSE

i m a girl n i want to join IAF, m doin btec in cse, kindly tell me d criteria for the same
thankyou so much sir

2nd April 2012, 09:23 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the criteria to join IAF? I am a girl and want to do B.Tech in CSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a girl n i want to join IAF, m doin btec in cse, kindly tell me d criteria for the same
thankyou so much sir
Hello Friend!!

I'm please to inform that you can join Indian Air Force as B.Tech in CSE(Computer Science & Engineering) are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force.

You can join IAF through SSC(Short Service Commission)...for Pilot post(Flying branch)...

Eligibility:-

You should be Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised university & must secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

Final Year students can also apply, you should not have any Back logs.

You must have NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate.

Age- Your Age should be with in 19 to 23 years.

Marital Status- You should be Unmarried.

Nationality- You should be an Indian citizen.

Gender:- Both both men and women is applicable for this entry.

>For more detail regarding this entry Click Here

Physical Standard Required for Indian Air Force....You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/ disability, which is likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties

2nd April 2012, 09:53 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria to join IAF? I am a girl and want to do B.Tech in CSE

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force after B.Tech. appearing through AFCAT exam.

AFCAT-AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Air Force once every year for entry in to:-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with at least 60% marks from a recognised University is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

The candidate having Graduation with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or B.tech. Graduate within the age of 19 to 23 years is eligible for the Flying Branch and the candidate within the age of 18 to 28 years is eligible for Technical Branch under AFCAT.

The selection is through written exam followed by SSB Interview along with Medical Test.

The written test of objective type question based on the following subjects:-

Reasoning
Verbal Ability
Numerical Ability
General Awareness
General Aptitude.

For more information you may log on to http://careerairforce.nic.in
2nd April 2012, 10:00 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

Default Re: What is the criteria to join IAF? I am a girl and want to do B.Tech in CSE

Hello Dear,

You can join IAF through SSC(Short Service Commission)...for Pilot post(Flying branch)...
Eligibility:-
You should be Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised university & must secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

Final Year students can also apply, you should not have any Back logs.

You must have NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate.

Age- Your Age should be with in 19 to 23 years.

Marital Status- You should be Unmarried.

Nationality- You should be an Indian citizen.

Gender:- Both both men and women is applicable for this entry.
18th June 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Thank you sirs,
your answer has been very helpful for me too as i am applying for afcat this year and i am a final year B.Tech CSE student and i am greatly relieved . Working for IAF has become my dream. I approve all eligibility except that i dont have a NCC Air Wing Senior 'C' division certificate sir. Am i not eligible for Flying Branch? is my only option in Technical and Groung level works?
30th June 2013, 07:17 AM
Ankur.Sunny

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ) conducted by Indian Air Force every year.

Its Branches :

• Flying Branch

• Technical Branch

• Ground Duty Branch

Selection Procedure:

Written Test

SSB Interview

Medical Test

AFCAT Examination Pattern :

Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT :

• You should have have completed Graduation degree with Physics & Mathes subject from recognized university.

• Your Age should be in between 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch.

• Your Age should be in between 18 to 28 years for Technical Branch.

• Your Age should be in between 20 to 25 years for Ground Duty Branch.

• Both male & female candidates are eligible.

• You should be Unmarried & Indian citizen.

• You should be Physical & Mentally fit should not have any Physical disabilities.

Physical Standard for AFCAT :

• Height weight :

• Vision :

For any other information on AFCAT, visit official website : www.careerairforce.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?