7th March 2012, 08:45 PM
ashish_MBA

What is the difference between GSM and CDMA?

What is the Difference between GSM and CDMA? ...please tell me what is the difference

10th March 2012, 02:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between GSM and CDMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_MBA View Post
What is the Difference between GSM and CDMA? ...please tell me what is the difference
GSM is a cellular network which stands for Global System for Mobile Communications whereas , CDMA refers to Code Division Multiple Access.
While using a GSM service, one can subscribe to any network service provider using the same mobile phone by just changing the Subscriber Identity Modules, and this facility is not available for CDMA users.
CDMA requires less power as well as little cell to cell coordination and as a result of which, it performs well even in the rural areas whereas, GSM requires more power and more cell to cell coordination compared to CDMA.
GSM users has the advantage of International Roaming but this facility is not available for CDMA users.
10th March 2012, 05:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GSM-GLOBAL SYSTEM FOR MOBILE COMMUNICATION is a cellular net work for Mobile communication

CDMA-CODE DIVISION MULTIPLE ACCESS it is also meant for Mobile communication

GSM subscriber can avail any net work service provider using same mobile phone by changing the subscriber's Identity Modules but for CDMA users this facility is not available.

GSM requires more power and cell to cell coordination compared to CDMA which needs less power as well as little cell to cell coordination as a result it works effectively and even in rural ares.

CDMA users has no advantage of International roaming facility which is available for GSM users.
11th March 2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I completed my Engineering from KIIT University Orissa,India in 2008. Also I completed my MBA in 2012. I need a job in engineering but due to my weakness in my field I still job less but got job in marketing. I want to be good engineer not a marketer. Tell me how to be perfect in my engineering field. I tried a lot but always failure. How much time should I study to be a genius in my field? Also tell me which book or websites should I follow to learn more deeply? I am feeling so guilty day by day? I love my parents and only son of them. I am only earning person in my home. I spend my parents money a lot but when I will give them back. I am in frustration and also cant sleep well because me not perfect in my subject. I want to be talent and want to work in telecommunication company. Please help me in this critical situation. I completed my 2,Engineering and MBA from India. Actually me from nepal. I will go through step by step according to your suggestion. If I will be perfect and get job in telecommunication company then will meet with you in future and will be a friend forever.............
You friend
Ashish Joshi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?