1st July 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

What to do for admission in 3 years LLB course having secured 40% in B.Com?

I have 40% for B.Com & I want to take admission for LLB 3YRS Course. So what to do

Related Questions:
1st July 2011, 06:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do for admission in 3 years LLB course having secured 40% in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 40% for B.Com & I want to take admission for LLB 3YRS Course. So what to do
dear friend,

your graduation marks is 40%. but for LLB admission maximum institute want 50% in graduation.

so you have few chance in LLB course.

please contact to college authority.

thanks
29th February 2012, 08:26 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do for admission in 3 years LLB course having secured 40% in B.Com?

Quote:
Yes your eligible for LLB course after complete your B.com course .

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law . It is an Bachelor degree . This course having six semester . The duration of the course is for three years . LLB course having different specialization like , Patent Law / Tax Law / Civil Law / Criminal Law / Labour Law / Corporation Law etc..

If your interested to apply for LLB course then you should satisfy the eligibility criteria , the eligibility criteria for LLB course is differ from university to university .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You complete bachelor degree in any discipline ( ie:- B.com / BBA / B.sc ) from recognized university . You should score minimum 40% percentage of marks and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates .

Entrance Examination for LLB Course :-

• CLAT :- ( Common Law Admission Test )
  • LSAT :- ( Law School Admission Test )
  • NLSIU :- ( National Law School of India University Entrance Examination )

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . This Examination is conducted by 11 National Law Universities . If your aspiring to get admission in law course then you should qualified in CLAT Examination with good percentage of marks .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You should be complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university . You should score minimum 50% percentage of marks and relaxation is given for 45% percentage of marks . Your age should be 20 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates for 22 years .

Syllabus for CLAT Examination :-

• English Language
  • General Knowledge
  • Basic Mathematics
  • Legal Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning

If your qualified in CLAT Examination then you may eligible to get admission for LLB course in reputed colleges .

List of LLB Colleges in India :-
  • Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
  • Gujarat National Law University
  • National Law School of India University
  • National Law Institute University
  • Hidayatullah National Law University
  • Chanakya National Law University
  • NALSAR University of Law
  • National University of Advanced Legal Studies
  • Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
29th February 2012, 11:25 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for L.L.B course because you get low marks in graduation that is only 40%...

For L.L.B you have to score minimum 50% marks after that you are eliguible for L.L.B course..

GOOD LUCK!
16th April 2013, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

i have 60% marks in b.com . can i get admission in good collages of LLB if so plz name them?
12th July 2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

my name is sudeshna paul. this year I pass graduation in EngHons with 43.5% marks. so which colleges offer LLB course with this marks?
12th July 2013, 06:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You have very slim chance to take admission for the LLB course. I am afraid that you are not meeting the marks criteria unless belongs to Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe.

The LLB 3 years degree is offered by limited colleges as most have started offering the 5 years LLB course.

There is no difference in degrees on merit. 5 years degree include a bachelor's degree and LLB course. Which is why it is also called integrated LLB course. Some of the courses offered as BA LLB, B.Com LLB etc.

You should not apply for this degree having already completed graduation. Besides it might not be possible for you to apply since the age limit is 20 years for the integrated LLB course.

Coming back to 3 years LLB, today it is offered by few colleges such has Delhi University and Banaras Hindu University. Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply in any of these colleges due to low percentage.

LLB Eligibility

1. You must have completed a valid graduation course.

2. 45-50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks in graduation.

4. There is no percentage criteria for SC/ST in DU.

5. Your age should not be more than 30 years.

6. The relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.

As you can see that if you belongs to SC/ST, then there will not be any problem. However in other case you will find it hard to take admission for LLB. You will have to search for college that accepts candidate with 40 percent marks in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?