18th February 2011, 09:09 PM
rajendra prasad.m

What does industry expect from B.Tech students?

Sir, i have completed my b.tech with 57.7% and would like to know the industry needs so as to upgrade my skills to meet the industry needs?

19th February 2011, 12:13 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does industry expect from B.Tech students?

hi...
it depends on the industry you want to join,
the most important and common thing that the various companies expect is the good theoretical knowledge of the subject,
even they know that you may not be so good in the practical aspects but at least you should have the theory and that's why most of the company give training to then freshers so that they could mingle with the company atmosphere and have the practical experience before taking up responsibility
also they see whether you are having the zeal to work hard or not,and also the most important of all is that whether you are an team player or not,
team work is the most important thing that any company wants in there employees and specially from engineers
also have good communication skills because it is also important for proper communication to pass among the employees
19th February 2011, 12:49 AM
anncie10

Cool Re: What does industry expect from B.Tech students?

Hi,

B.TECH stands synonymous with quality and professionalism. The industry is in look for engineers who are dynamic and having the spirit to travel an extra mile. Do you have english speaking capability? Do you have a sound knowledge of JAVA, SAP, SAS, J2EE, .NET, C or C++,??

If not it is not too late you can get your self certified in any one of the above and you are fully geared to meet the industry giants!

All the best
19th February 2011, 01:00 AM
smruti prasad das

every indusry needs a highly qualified student,having enough experience 2 fulfill the needs of the industry,also they judge ur knowledge ,smartness and ur ability 2 communicate with peoples.if u have such criteria then u can select for any industry.
19th February 2011, 06:38 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Most companies look for candidates who are sound at the conceptual level. It also depends on the area where you are interested in working. Like if you are interested in programming then you must have the required programing skills. If you are interested in administrative role then you must pursue a MBA. You need to first decide the kind of job you are interested in working. Then you must check out the qualification required and the pursue the sane
19th February 2011, 08:23 PM
vikas9862638964

For any industry they except from a student that he are good in their acdemic branch subject also u have good communication skills and have ability to lead a team..
20th February 2011, 02:21 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: What does industry expect from B.Tech students?

hello dude,,

Being going on with the pace of industry you need to focus on industry based curriculum.
You have to have good communication skills,strong concepts in fundas, and tackling interviews,tips and tricks etc.

All these things will be of immense help for you and prove to be effective in getting a job.

Thank you!!!
14th April 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there M.Tech in microprocessor or microcontroller for ECE students aspiring to do M.Tech?
4th May 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone,
I am B.tech 2007 passout and due to recession i didn,t got good IT job,so i am working in BPO non-voice insurance domain.Now i want to move to IT.Could you plz suggest me any good course?
6th November 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

what does industriescexpect from young minds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?