21st June 2013, 02:17 PM
sonalikolluri

What is the eligibility for CAT examination?

iam detained student in 4th year btech 2nd semester of 2013 batch. i will be completing my graduation by april 2014. am i eligible for cat 2013 examination? please inform.......

26th June 2013, 01:43 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the eligibility for CAT examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonalikolluri View Post
iam detained student in 4th year btech 2nd semester of 2013 batch. i will be completing my graduation by april 2014. am i eligible for cat 2013 examination? please inform.......
Hi

First of all to ease you, I would like to admit that you are eligible for CAT 2013 as pre final year students of any graduation type are eligible for this exam. Now read on my expectations about your future scenes that would happen as per my contemplation.

Having backlogs or getting detained due to low attendance percentage has nothing to do with CAT eligibility or in a broader view for MBA admissions too. What ever may be your pass out year, you will be eligible for CAT. But one thing I would like to tell you at this point is, even if you could clear the CAT by getting a good percentile will doesn't help you if you don't have your passing certificate in your hand while MBA 2014 admissions. Highlight this point in your mental screen.

So, most important thing is you can write CAT this year, but for admissions you need to have passing certificate and also valid and acceptable reasons for your detainment and gap. Else, you may not get admissions into elite colleges. I am not scaring you but these are the facts.

If you are planning for 2014 admissions you need to plan accordingly as I mentioned some points earlier viz. having passing certificate in your hand. Remember provisional certificate won't work for most of the B-Schools.

If you are planning for 2015 admissions then there is lot of time and things that you can do easily throughout the next year. Plan for a big name/branded b-school. Don't compromise with a smaller one. Because MBA without experience from a normal college will not work for good placements after MBA.

Think of all, what I have said. This is just my view point. Concern very knowledgeable person when you are taking any crucial decision. Because its your life. Should not take any risky chance.

Good Luck
17th July 2013, 06:32 PM
megayounus786

Default Re: What is the eligibility for CAT examination?

Quote:

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
18th July 2013, 07:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

CAT stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission in various college for MBA course.

CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline .For SC/ST candidate marks required is 45% .Final year of graduation degree are applicable for CAT Exam .You can attempts here unlimited times , there is no restriction for attempts in CAT Exam .

Questions papers are coming from the topics of 1) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and 2) Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.

Best Books for CAT Exam:-

The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
Latest, CATest & Quickest A Practice Book for Prometric CAT 2012 by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & other Entrance Exams by Avinash Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Target New CAT - Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Tests by Disha Experts

If you are final year student of B-Tech degree means if you are in 4th year now then you are applicable for CAT Exam otherwise not.2013 CAT exam notification announced below , if you are applicable then you can apply before closing date .

CAT 2013 Important Dates:-

Start date for sale of voucher: 29th July Monday, 2013
Last date for sale of voucher: 24th September Tuesday, 2013
Registration window will be open from: 29th July Monday, 2013
Registration window will be closed on: 26th September Thursday, 2013
CAT Test: 16th October Thursday, 2013 to 11th November Monday, 2013

For more details about CAT Exam , You can visit to http://www.catiim.in
19th July 2013, 10:49 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

>> CAT stands for the Common Admission Test. this exam is conducted by the Top Indian Institute of Management (IIM) of India for getting the admission in the top business school every year.....

>> A candidate with the Bachelor Degree in any of the Discipline or Equivalent course form the recognized Universities can apply for this examination....

>> A candidate must have secure at least 50% or aggregate marks in their Bachelor study are eligible for it.....

>> A candidate of SC/ST category can apply for it with minimum 45% also....

>> A candidate should not have any pending backlog in their Graduation study.....

Quote:
Since, you are detain student no matter you have to passed out your last year without any backlog and then you are eligible for it.....

Best Books for CAT Exam:-

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 430

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 314

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing (2013)
Price: Rs. 385

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
22nd July 2013, 03:09 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

CAT stands for Common Admission Test which is commenced once in a year.

CAT Exam is commenced jointly by IIMs for admission to MBA Courses in their institutions.

Yes, you are eligible for CAT Exam as you are in the Final Year of your Graduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>> You must have passed your Graduation with at least 50% marks.

>> 5% Relaxation in marks is provided to SC/ST Candidates.

>> There is no Age Limit.

>> There is no limitation of chances. You can appear for CAT Exam any number of times.

EXAM PATTERN:

CAT Exam will contain two sections i.e. Section 1 and Section 2.

Both the sections will contain 30 questions and duration will be of 70 minutes each.

Both the sections will have 15 minutes tutorial time.

Section 1

>> Quantitative Ability

>> Data Interpretation

Section 2

>> Verbal Ability

>> Logical Reasoning

CAT Exam can be cracked after passing three stages:

>> Written Exam

>> Group Discussion

>> Personal Interview

Some of the good books for CAT Exam Preparation are:

CAT Common Admission Test Solved Papers Entrance Examination (Paperback)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G.K.Publication (P) Ltd (2012)
Price: Rs. 165

Koncepts of Numbers for CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT and Other Quantitative Aptitude Exams. (Paperback)
Author: Gajendra Kumar
Publisher: Disha Publication (2013)
Price: Rs. 160

Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & other Entrance Exams 2nd Edition (Paperback)
Author: Avinash Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication (2008)
Price: Rs. 301
22nd July 2013, 09:01 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
The main and the most important thing is you should be able to produce your degree certificate while joining for the MBA programme,if you get selected.

The Eligibility for CAT-:

Graduation with 50% of marks from a recognized university whlie the SC/ST candidates can apply for the same if they have 45% of marks in their graduation.

FINAL YEAR CANDIDATES IN THEIR GRADUATION CAN ALSO APPLY FOR THE CAT EXAMINATION.

Important dates for CAT 2013-:

Registration starts from-: 29/07/2013.

Last date of registration-: 26/09/2013.

Sale of Vouchers-: 29/07/2013.

Last date for the sales of the Vouchers-: 24/09/2013.

Date of Examination-: From 16/10/2013 to 11/11/2013.

Good Luck.
22nd July 2013, 10:50 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility for CAT examination?

Quote:

Eligibility To Appear For CAT 2013

Any candidate who satisfies the following criterion is eligible for appearing in CAT 2013 :

If you have completed your graduation in the year 2013 or before that or if your graduation is going to be completed in 2014 and you have done your graduation with an aggregate of 50% from a recognized University..then you are definitely eligible to appear for the CAT 2013..

You must not have any backlogs when you appear for the CAT Examination or at least you must clear it by the time you get a call for any college admission through CAT..

The CAT entrance exam is totally online based and you will have 70 minutes for each section having 30 questions each..

The 2 sections that you will face are :

Section-1 :- Data Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude

Section-2 :- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

I have attached some previous year question papers and I hope they give you an idea of the examination..

To grab on to some material that can help you in your preparations..you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT 2008 Paper.pdf(731.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf CAT2008_Question_Paper_With_Detailed_Solutions.pdf(1.32 MB, 130 views)
File Type: docx CAT Exam 2012 Syllabus.docx(12.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2007 Paper.pdf(687.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2007 Solutions.pdf(653.2 KB, 228 views)
22nd July 2013, 10:57 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

YES, you are eligible to apply for the 2013 CAT exams

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Important Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013

In CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
23rd July 2013, 08:23 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for CAT 2013 Exam as because you are not in final semester.Although you can apply and give CAT 2013 Exam on Provisional basis.But if you will get pass in CAT 2013 exam you will not be able to take admission in any IIM/N-Schools as because you will have to submit the Passing certificate of Bachelor degree course.

So if you are interested to apply for CAT 20134 exam then you can apply and appear for this exam on provisional basis so that you may get details on questions type and one thing which you will have to remember is that during form fill up you will have to give Final semester in Last education section.

Important dates for CAT 2013 Exam is as follows :-
  • Selling of CAT Voucher will starts from - 29 July to 24 September 2013.
  • Registration for CAT Exam will start from -29 July to 26 September 2013.
  • Tentative Exam date for CAT - 16 October to 11 November 2013.
For more details you can visit to CAT Official website -->> Click-Here .

Eligibility details for CAT 2013
  • You should have a Bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university.
  • Candidates who are in Final semester/Year can also apply such as 8th semester/Last year.
  • Candidates who belong from the General/OBC category should have a minimum of 50% marks and for SC/ST category should have 45% marks in bachelor degree course.
23rd July 2013, 01:36 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Common Admission Test is the entrance exam for Master of Business Administration. It is conducted under the rotation policy by the Indian Institutes of Management on the yearly basis.

The Common Admission Test is conducted in October and November. Apart from the Indian Institutes of Management there are several other government as well private colleges that accepts the CAT score to offer admission for the management courses.

Some of these colleges are very reputed like Indian Institutes of Technology. This is the reason why majority of candidates prefer to appear for the Common Admission Test.

Coming to your question, the final year students of graduation are eligible for the Common Admission Test. However you should only apply if you can provide documents of completing the graduation course by the end of June next year.

Unable to do so would mean that you will not be able to take admission. The CAT score is only valid for one year. It means that next year you will once again have to appear for the Common Admission Test.

Therefore if you can submit documents by the end of June, only then you should appear for the Common Admission Test in 2013. Otherwise wait till next year.

I would also like to point out that having being detained will not hamper your chances of appearing for the Common Admission Test as long as you complete the graduation course. But if there are any backlogs, you should clear them before applyin for admission in colleges for management courses.

CAT Eligibility

1. You will have to complete graduation.

2. Marks should be 50 percent in graduation.

3. SC/ST need 45 percent marks in graduation.

4. The criteria for OBC is same as General students.
24th July 2013, 06:30 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

CAT stands for Common admission Test.This exam holds to 13 IIMS & B-Schools in India.This exam conducts in the month of October or November m

CAT exam is one of the entrance exam for admission in MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in some various colleges.

Eligibility Criteria for CAT Exam:

You should be complete graduation from a recognized University.

You should be secure with at least 50% of marks in Graduation(5% marks relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates).

final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

There is no age limits for this exam.

Books for CAT Exam preparation:

**CAT Common Admission Test: mastering the Verbal Ability by Ajay Singh

**Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & Other Entrance exams By Avinash Agarwal,shipra Agarwal

**CAT Common Admission Test Solved Papers Entrance Examination (Paperback) by G. K. P

**Verbal Ability Guide For CAT and Other MBA Entrance exams by Disha Experts

Exam pattern:

Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability

Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation

all the best.............
26th July 2013, 09:39 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Aptitude Test

CAT entrance exam to get admission in top MBA college.To appear in this exam one should complete their graduation with minimum 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age should be minimum 20 years but there is no upper limit.

CAT exam is an online based entrance exam.After passing written exam you have to passout Group discussion and Interview.
29th July 2013, 07:34 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

CAT : Stands for Common Admission Test.

The CAT exam is conducted by IIM's.

CAT is one of the best MBA Entrance Exam

which is held by IIM (Indian Institutes of Management) for MBA Courses.
CAT Exam is held in November usually on third sunday of November

Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance test for admission in Management Courses.

CAT is all India national level computer based test.

Eligibility

Candidate must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized College or University with at least 50% marks

Candidates who have cleared the qualifying exam by means of any of these methods can apply for the CAT exam

you must be Indian citizen.

Best Books

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test (Paperback)
by Rajesh Balasubramanian
Rs. 358

CAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers (With CD) (Paperback)
by Deepak Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Rs. 248

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Rs. 385

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Rs. 352

Best College

Mudra Insitute of Communication, Ahmedabad

S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Reaserch, Mumbai

Management Development Institue, Guragaon,

T.A. pai Management institute, Manipal

Fore School of Management, New Delhil
29th July 2013, 11:16 PM
ckanth1

Hi Friend,

The Common Entrance Test (CAT) is Conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
The Eligibility Criteria for CAT is:
Any Degree from Recognized University with 50% percentage If SC/ST 45%
No Age Limit For CAT

Thank you.,
1st August 2013, 09:06 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to sit for the CAT examination this year.

First of all let me tell you that the CAT notification of this year is already out and here is the important dates you need to know about this year's CAT exam:-
  • Sale of vouchers- Jul 29 - Sep 24, 2013
  • Registrations- Jul 29 - Sep 26, 2013
  • Exam dates- Oct 16 - Nov 11, 2013
  • Results- To be announced
The exam is going to take place online. From 2009 CAT has become a computer based test and it is going to be conducted in multiple cities. They will be using a 3-4 weeks window as is visible from the exam dates.

If you wish to give this examination then firstly you need to buy the scratch voucher from selected branches of Axis Bank. Then you need to register in the CAT official website and complete all the other formalities.

Apart from that you also have to choose the time session as well as the date when you want to give this examination. Whether or not you will get the date you are looking for entirely depends on its availability. The time session available for the exam is 10 am session and 3 pm session.

You have to show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Original degree certificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.

As far as the eligibility criteria for this exam is concerned you must be knowing that you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. The stream you choose at graduation level hardly matters here.

But what is important is how much marks you end up securing. Since for this exam you need at least 50% of marks in aggregate at graduation level. There is 5% relaxation for the SC/ST candidates. They needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate. This exam is available for the final year students as well.

Top CAT Books To Follow:-
8th September 2013, 05:20 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Sonali,

Yes you are eligible to appear for the CAT Exam to be conducted in the year 2013.

The Acronym "CAT" stands for Common Admission Test. This Test is conducted once every year by the Indian Institutes of Management for the admission of candidates in the MBA Course.

The Common Admission Test [CAT] is considered as the toughest examination conducted in our nation having no syllabus at all.

The Qualifications Required for Common Admission Test are :

** You must have completed Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

** You must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.

** You will get a relaxation of 5% marks if you belong to SC/ST Category.

** There is no relaxation granted to OBC Candidates.

** There is no any age limit for the CAT.

** There is no any fixed number of attempts for the CAT.

** The candidate must be an Indian.

Now The Important Dates Regarding CAT-2013 are :

* Selling Of Vouchers : 29/07/2013 - 24/09/2013

* Period Of Registration : 29/07/2013 - 26/09/2013

* Dates of Examination : 16/10/2013 - 11/11/2013

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?