2nd January 2013, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? I am pursuing BSc CS final year

sir am persuing bsc(cs)-final year.what is the eligibility for Mca.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join MCA in government college? I am pursuing BSc final year
  2. Which course is better for me between MCA and M.Sc being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc?
  3. Does SAP course a good choice for me pursuing final year of MCA course? Complete Details regarding this course?
  4. How to go for MCA after doing Bsc computer final year
  5. Can I pursue MCA course having completed 12th class with Mathematics and pursuing final year of B.Com course?
  6. Possibility of getting job in TCS after completing Internship for MCA final year student
  7. How to find Teaching Jobs being a candidate pursuing final year of MCA course?
  8. List of companies providing internship for final year MCA students in Hyderabad? What's the eligibility criteria and applying procedure?
  9. List of companies offering internship program to MCA final year students in Hyderabad? What's the eligibility criteria and applying procedure for the same?
  10. How to take admission in JNU for MCA? What is the eligibility criteria?
  11. List of Multinational Companies which offers job to MCA student -- [New]
  12. Eligibility criteria for doing B.Ed course in DU? Can I sit for entrance exams of B.ed while pursuing B.Ed? Colleges offering the course?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for placements in IBM and HP? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I get a job in IT field after pursuing MCA final year correspondence course?
  15. Required criteria to get a Job in a Company being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  16. Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors
  17. Should I go for a job or Post Graduation? I am pursuing BCA final year from IPU
  18. What is the MCA qualification criteria?
4th February 2013, 10:47 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? I am pursuing BSc CS final year

You are eligible to pursue MCA. Graduates having studied Mathematics/Statistics as a subject can apply for MCA. Admissions are done through entrance exams like AIMCET and NIMCET. Candidates having obtained 60% or above marks in 12th and graduation can only apply for NIMCET. Qualified candidates can seek admission in reputed institutes like NIT’s.
4th February 2013, 06:09 PM
helper1

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? I am pursuing BSc CS final year

hello friend,

MCA is the Master degree in computer application for which entrance exam has been conducted by the every collage for the admission . On the based of the marks in entrance exam you can get the admission

MCA course eligibility:

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree with any stream compulsory mathematics with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.

For the SC/ST: 50% marks

Entrance exam of MCA :
for the every collage admission in MCA you need to be give the entrance exam which has been conducted by the own collage

Common syllabus of MCA entrance exam :

Mathematics ( 10th or 12th level)
Reasoning
General english
General knowledge
Aptitude

so you need to be do it preparation of these entrance exam syllabus for the best score

MCA collages :

Pune university
IIT Roorkee
Delhi university
kurukshetra university
NIT kurukshetra etc

Thank you!
4th February 2013, 06:13 PM
helper1

hello friend,

MCA is the Master degree in computer application for which entrance exam has been conducted by the every collage for the admission . On the based of the marks in entrance exam you can get the admission

MCA course eligibility:

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree with any stream compulsory mathematics with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.

For the SC/ST: 50% marks

Entrance exam of MCA :
for the every collage admission in MCA you need to be give the entrance exam which has been conducted by the own collage

Common syllabus of MCA entrance exam :

Mathematics ( 10th or 12th level)
Reasoning
General english
General knowledge
Aptitude

so you need to be do it preparation of these entrance exam syllabus for the best score

MCA collages :

Pune university
IIT Roorkee
Delhi university
kurukshetra university
NIT kurukshetra etc

Thank you!
4th February 2013, 08:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application .The duration of this course in 3 years with 6 semester .

If you have completed Graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for MCA exam .Your 12th standard marks must be Mathematics .

OR if you have from BCA , B.Sc(IT,CS) , B.Sc (Math , Stat) then you can directly apply for MCA Entrance Exam.

As per your educational qualification you are eligible to attend in MCA entrance exam .

In India there are so many exams conduct for MCA course .The list of the MCA entrance exams are- NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT

List of the Best College for MCA Degree :-

National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerala)

National Institute of Technology Durgapur

National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur

National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)

National Institute of Technology, Raipur

Vallore Institute of Technology (VIT)

IIT Roorkee

Pune University, Pune

Delhi University, Delhi

Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi

Singhania University, Jhunjhunu

University of Rajasthan, Jaipur

Rajasthan technical university, kota

5th February 2013, 02:16 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for MCA is Master of Computer Applications.

MCA is a three yrs course with six semmesters.

The eligibility criteria required for MCA course are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with 50% marks from any recognised college or university.

Syllabus of MCA:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
5th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

MCA Stands for master of Computer Application
A candidate after Completing their Graduation degree in any field or Equivalent Course with at least 55% are eligible for appling MCA......

A candidate must have completed their Graduation with Mathamatics Subjects.......

Age of candidate should not exist 30 years, Relaxation is available for Reserved category as per Government Rule.....

List of Some Good Colleges for MCA:

1. IIT, Roorkee
  2. Delhi University
  3. NIT, Jamshedpur
  4. NIT, Kurukshetra
  5. NIT, Raipur
  6. NIT, Calicut
  7. NIT, Durgapur

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
7th February 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that after graduating in B.Sc Computer Science we get admissions directly to second year in MCA...??
8th February 2013, 12:14 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As you are B.Sc. CS students hence you will be definitely eligible for MCA course.

For doing MCA course one needs to have studied Maths subject in 10+2 and Graduation.

So you can apply for MCA entrance examination if you want to join this course.

There are many Universities offering this course and you can get admission through entrance exam.

Those who get good rank will get reputed college. So be prepared for the entrance examination.

MCA Entrance Exams List:

-Jawaharlal Nehru University - MCA 2013

-Tezpur University, Assam - MCA 2013

-Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET - 2013)
(Conducted by ANNA UNIVERSITY) - MCA 2013

-Manipal University - MCA 2013

-Banasthali Vidyapith - MCA 2013

-Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune - MCA 2013

-Cochin University of Science and Technology - MCA 2013

-KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa (KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) - 2013)

-Joint Admission Test (JAM 2013), IIT Roorkee - MCA 2013

-University of Hyderabad - MCA 2013

-University of Pune - MCA 2013

Hence you can apply for above entrance exams in 2013 for MCA admission. Just apply for it and be prepared for it.
8th February 2013, 12:57 AM
mayankt

Hi,

The Aspirants who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course. Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply. These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission tothis course

Good Luck....
24th February 2013, 06:11 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
MCA Course Details:-

MCA stands for Master's of Computer Application. Duration of this course is of three years. You should go for this course if you are good in programming as this course covers the application part of computers in a more extended manner. Moreover this course will help you to get good job opportunities in the IT sector like any other engineering students.

There is no all India level MCA entrance exam yet but many universities these days offers this course and most of them prefers to conduct an entrance exam before publishing the final merit list.

MCA Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • To do MCA first of all you need to be a graduation since its a post graduate course. Minimum 60% of marks needs to be secured at UG level to pursue this course.
  • Even final year students about to sit for the final exam or awaiting the result of their final exam can also sit for this exam.
  • The most important criteria by the way is to have mathematics at 10+2 level or at UG level.
  • No age criteria is applicable as such so you have the full freedom to do this course whenever your heart desires.

MCA Entrance Exam Pattern:-

It is difficult to suggest any fixed pattern since it varies from one university ot the other. But mainly objective questions will be asked in the exam and stress on the following areas will be enough to score good marks:-
  • Mathematics
  • Computer Awareness
  • Analytical Ability
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Elementary English Awareness

Hope this helps
25th February 2013, 08:46 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "MCA" stands for Master of Computer Applications.

MCA is a post graduation degree course of 2 years which deals with the study of Computer applications.

The Qualifications Required for MCA Course are :

* You must have completed Graduation from any recognized university.

* You must have Mathematics as one of your main subjects in graduation.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in BCA.

Syllabus For MBA Course :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th May 2013, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

can iget govt. college after scoring 38 marks in mca entrance conducted through vyapm and i score 65 percent in bsc
8th June 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

sir I do the regular bca through mdu I want the regular mca I can take admission in lateral entry scheme or 3 year mca
plz tell me any problem occurs 2 year lateral entry is eligible or 3 year eligible.
11th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 48% in tybsc computer science .
can I apply for mca?
2nd July 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

i am student of m.c.a in 4th semester(70%), what are the job opportunities further...
as i got marks in 10th = 75%
,12th = 65% ,but in grad in B.Sc (cs) = 53%....
27th September 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the time limit to submit the finil year result to addmission any collage for MCA if we passed AIMCET or iitJAM?
15th April 2014, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

what is the criteria to get scholarship for m.c.a..? i am graduate with b.sc( cs)
21st April 2016, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Are bsc(mpcs ) students eligible for second year admission in MCA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?