3rd June 2018, 09:56 PM
Rashmi Sanjay Sumant

What is the eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam? When and how to apply for it?

I am M.Com student and have scored 66%. Can I appear for NET/SET exam? What are the compulsory and optional subjects for my stream? When can I sit for the exam is it December or June? I stay in Rourkela so from where can I appear for the exam? From where should I arrange the study material?

6th June 2018, 01:37 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam? When and how to apply for it?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. SET stands for State Eligibility Test.

Yes, you can appear NET/SET exam.

NET/SET exam is conducted by UGC for selection of lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship.

To apply both these examination, you have to complete your post graduation degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

There is no upper age limit for those applying for lectureship but candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

If you fill the form then you can appear in 8th JULY otherwise you can appear in December.

For more information you can visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
9th June 2018, 11:32 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam? When and how to apply for it?

NET/SET stands for National Eligibility Test/ State Eligibility Test, conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation in any stream with 55% marks from a recognized university. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

There is no upper age relaxation for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible for this exam. You can sit for the exam in December.

For more information, you can visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?