6th August 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for joining Indian Navy?

I am how join indian navy .12th in minimum marks.
plzz send me detais on my mail id

2nd April 2012, 12:41 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the eligibility for joining Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am how join indian navy .12th in minimum marks.
plzz send me detais on my mail id

Hello Friend!

It is to inform that after 12th you can join Indian Navy by giving NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC every year.

NDA-> National Defence Academy

UPSC-> Union Public Service Commission

For your kind information, there is no requirement of minimum percentage of marks for NDA(Indian Nay). Just passing marks is enough to appear in NDA exam.

To join Indian Navy, through NDA your Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible for NDA & must be an Indian Citizen.

PHYSICAL CRITERIA for INDIAN NAVY:

Eligible candidates can apply for NDA exam online by using UPSC official website.

Pattern of NDA entrance examination:

``For any other detail visit UPSC official website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2012, 02:00 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility for joining Indian Navy?

Medical Standards On Officer Entry
The candidates recommended by Service Selection Board undergo medical examination at nearest Service Hospitals. The medical examination procedure for candidates is as follow:-
(a) Special Medical Board(SMB). Special Medical Board (SMB) of officer candidates will be held at designated hospitals over duration of five to six days. Candidates will be declared Fit/Temporary Unfit or Permanent Unfit. Candidates declared Temporary Unfit are to report back to the hospital for examination after the specified time. Candidates who still do not qualify will be declared Permanent Unfit.

(b) Appeal Medical Board (AMB). Candidates who are declared Permanent Unfit by Special Medical Board are eligible for Appeal Medical Board after depositing a sum of Rs. 40/- in the Government Treasury. No fees will be charged from Temporarily Unfit candidates. Unfit candidates get a maximum of 42 days to report for AMB at designated Command Hospital.
Candidates declared unfit by Appeal Medical Board are eligible to appeal for Review Medical Board.
(c) Review Medical Board (RMB). The President of Appeal Medical Board will intimate the candidate, the reason of his/ her unfitness through a leaflet and guide him / her for Review Medical Board. However, he will explain to the candidate that holding of the Review Medical Board is at the discretion of DGMS(Navy) and DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and it is not his/her right. RMBs are conducted at Army Research & Referral Hospital Delhi and Armed Force Medical College Pune.
MEDICAL STANDARDS
(a) Height . The preferable height for a candidate of 18 years of age is 157 cm for males and 152 cm for females.
(b) Weight . Table showing correlation between age, height and weight are given at for Male and Female candidates respectively. This is to be used as a guide making allowance for build as necessary. The criteria for selection should be general build of the body and proportionate development rather than rigid, adherence to the above standards. Overweight and Underweight individuals who are otherwise fit in every respect may be accepted at the discretion of the Recruiting Medical Officer / Medical Board. The weight should not however vary from the average by more than 10%.
(c) Anthropometric Measurement . The acceptable anthropometric standard for aviation entries i.e Short Service Commission(Aviation & Observer) entry for both male and female are as follows:-
Minimum Height-162.5 cm
Sitting Height- Minimum 81.5 cm,Maximum-96.0 cm
Leg Length – Minimum-99.0 cm,Maximum-120.0 cm
Thigh Length-Maximum-64.0

For more details and to check if you are eligible please visit the official site of navy through the given link:
http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/career.php
2nd April 2012, 02:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for joining Indian Navy?

One can join Indian Navy through appearing NDA entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age with good physical Fitness, can apply for Indian Navy of NDA.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness test and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2012, 04:34 PM
Dilbag86

you can join indian army after 10+2 by writing any of the below exam--

--NDA (national defence academy)

---TES (technical entry scheme )

to apply for NDA examination your age should be 16.5 to 19 years and you should passed 10+2 with physics and maths to

-- For naval wing examination.

--you should be unmarried.

To apply for TES you should passed 10+2 with maths and physics add minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
your age should be 16.5 to 19 years.

After graduation you can also join indian navy through CDS examination conducted by UPSC .For applying into naval wing examination you should be graduate in any stream and from a recognized institution and being passed 10+2 with physics and maths.Age should be 19 to 22 years to apply for naval wing examination.
2nd April 2012, 07:38 PM
bablucena9

hi,
The eligibility to join indidn navy are given below;
you have the qualification which is needed for NDA.
*Nationality- Indian
Age limit- 16.5-19 years
Qualification- 10+2 with the subjects PCM or equivalent
Height- 152cm or above
Weight- perfect according to the Height.
Eye sight-6/6

best of luck.
2nd April 2012, 10:09 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,
It is to inform that after 12th you can join Indian Navy by giving NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC every year.

NDA-> National Defence Academy

UPSC-> Union Public Service Commission

For your kind information, there is no requirement of minimum percentage of marks for NDA(Indian Nay). Just passing marks is enough to appear in NDA exam.

To join Indian Navy, through NDA your Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
All The Best.
2nd April 2012, 10:14 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

NDA - National Defense Academy
NDA exam are conducted by UPSC twice in a year
NDA I & NDA II

This exam conducted for 3 wings

Indian Air Force
Indian Navy
Indian Army

Eligibility:
Passed in 12th stands of a recognized university & also apply final year students
no percentage restriction
age between 16.5 to 19 years
must be male person & unmarried
Physically fit
Citizen of Indian

Exam pattern:

General ability
Maths

Selection process:
written exam
Interview
Physical test

More details :http://www.upsc.gov.in

NDA I dates 2012:

Notification : 31.12.2011
last date of receipt : 30.01.2012
Date of exam : 15.04.2012

NDA II Dates :

Date of notification : 05.05.2012
Last date of receipt : 04.06.2012
Date of exam : 19.08.2012
5th June 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

what is the benefit of sea cadet corps Training for to joining Indian Navy
3rd July 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, iam completed intermediate passed with 65% and my group is MEC how can i join in indian navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?