20th September 2015, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?

Sir/Mam,

Now I am learn last year of diploma in electronics&telecom.
So,can i apply for navy? What is the eligibility criteria which will be followed for it? Can you please provide me the information on the same? Awaiting to get the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Navy if I am doing final year diploma in electronics and telecom course?
  2. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. Can I apply for Merchant Navy course having completed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunications?
  5. Can I do M.Tech in telecommunication after B.Tech in electrical?
  6. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in industrial electronics
  8. Procedure to apply and eligibility criteria of Odisha-DET for Electrical & Electronics Diploma student?
  9. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in Industrial electronics
  10. Is diploma course equivalent to 12th or not? Can I apply for jobs where the minimum qualification asked is 12th completion?
  11. How can I become Telecom Officer in any Telecom company being a B.E.(E&TC) 7th semester student? Eligibility criteria and selection procedure for it?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria asked for to apply for SSC CGL?
  15. Technical or Networking jobs in BSNL for MCA freshers? Entrance exam details for the same?
  16. Eligibility criteria of Junior Telecom Officer recruitment for M.Sc Electronics candidate?
  17. Where can telecom students do internship? What is the eligibility criteria to do internship? List of companies with their contact details? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is the telecom sectors good for me after completing B.Tech in Electronics and communication? Options available apart from Telecom sector/
20th September 2015, 11:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

So,can i apply for navy? What is the eligibility criteria which will be followed for it? Can you please provide me the information on the same? Awaiting to get the answer.
Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
21st September 2015, 12:23 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?

Yes, you can join the Merchant Navy after Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication.

-> The eligibility criteria is that the applicant should scored a minimum of 50% in the final year of your diploma program.

-> The Candidate should have Indian nationality.

-> The applicant’s age must be between 18-42 years.

-> You should have maintained an average of 50% in English, throughout the secondary level, Higher Secondary level and Diploma program.
21st September 2015, 01:32 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

For joining Indian Navy one has to clear the National Defence Academy (NDA) examination. NDA is the place where Army, Navy and Air force train together. The eligibility of age is not more than 19 years. After examination and then SSB (Service Selection Board) interview will be conducted and then the candidates will be sent for medical test. After successful completion of exams you will be placed for training. These are all the eligibility and procedure to join in Indian Navy. So if you have completed your 10+2 then you can appear for the examination.
21st September 2015, 06:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian Navy either through NDA or CDS exam. Both the exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) .

Eligibility criteria for NDA Exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join Indian Naval Academy through NDA is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The selection process involves of

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

Eligibility criteria for CDS Exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 19 years to 22 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.
21st September 2015, 07:37 PM
Silent work
Member+

You can apply for navy by NDA after completion of diploma engineering course.

As you mentioned in question you are last year diploma student. So, first complete your diploma engineering with minimum 60% in last year. Then you are eligible for NDA exam.

Eligibility for NDA:
1.Candidate must secured minimum 60% in diploma.
2.Candidate must born between 1997-2000.
3.Indian citizen.
4.No backlog in diploma course.

After secured good marks in NDA exam, you can apply for navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?