1st September 2015, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the job in Indian Navy if I have scored 53% marks in graduation and 54% in post graduation?

Can I get a job in Indian navy if I had scored 53% in graduation and 54.46% in post graduation
my subjects in graduation are:
physics
mathematics
i've done M.Sc(hons)physics

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for defence jobs if I have scored less than 50% marks in graduation?
  2. Can I get admission to any of the post graduation course when I have not scored 50% marks in Graduation?
  3. Am I eligible for B.Ed having 42% in graduation and 60% in post graduation? Any problem for government job?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course if I have scored only 52.5% marks in post graduation course?
  5. Am I eligible for PO Exams having scored 56% in Graduation and 62% in Post Graduation?
  6. How to apply for PO on the basis of Post Graduation? I have scored 53% in graduation
  7. What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  9. Am I eligible for Bank Probationary after scoring 47% marks in Graduation and 62% marks in PG? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I do B.Ed course even when scored only 49% marks in Graduation and 48% in Post Graduation?
  11. How can a girl candidate join Indian Navy after graduation in Biotechnology? Placement scenario for students who have done graduation in biology, physics, maths or B.E
  12. Is there any University take in candidates for B.Ed based on the post graduation course?
  13. Is it really necessary to have 60% aggregate in graduation?
  14. Am i eligible to appear in UPTET? I've less than 50% marks in graduation but attained more than 50% marks in both post graduation and B.Ed
  15. Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 59% in Post Graduation and 44% in Graduation?
  16. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation in B.Com? Required Marks in Graduation to join Navy?
  17. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D if I have scored less than 50% in post graduation?
  18. How can I become an Officer after joining as a Sailor in Indian Navy? Can I pursue Graduation along with job in India Navy?

1st September 2015, 08:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in Indian Navy if I have scored 53% marks in graduation and 54% in post graduation?

For getting job in Indian Navy as an officer you have to apply for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Age limit for Naval Academy is 19 to 22 years. Selection will be based on written exam and SSB interview.

Percentage in graduation is not a issue and your performance in the exam and interview will matter. Hence, don't worry about marks in graduation and concentrate on your preparation.

2nd September 2015, 09:52 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in Indian Navy if I have scored 53% marks in graduation and 54% in post graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to get the job in Indian Navy after scoring 53% marks in graduation and 54% in post graduation.

You have to apply for CDS exam. CDS stands for Combined Defence Services exam.

Eligibility for Navy through CDS :

Candidate must be citizen of India.
Age Limit : 19 to 22 years.

Education Qualification : Candidate must have passed B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering from any recognised university.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.

For more details please visit :http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm

2nd September 2015, 11:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I get a job in Indian navy if I had scored 53% in graduation and 54.46% in post graduation
my subjects in graduation are:
physics
mathematics
i've done M.Sc(hons)physics
You are eligible for Indian Navy through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

2nd September 2015, 12:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for joining Indian Navy having secured 53% in your graduation because aggregate in a degree course is not important for your eligibility for joining Indian Navy or defense services.

At this level of your academics you are required to clear Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For appearing in The CDS examination for joining Indian Navy ( Naval Academy ) you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying in between 19 years to 22 years.

* You must have done your graduation or pursuing the final year of same with Physics/Mathematics/Engineering Course from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

With the same educational qualification as you have, you are also eligible for Indian Air force Academy, Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy other wings of CDS. For these wings the upper age limit are 23 years, 24 years and 25 years respectively.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.

2nd September 2015, 07:52 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

You can join Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after the completion of class 12th only or on the basis of class 12th.

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after class 12th with Science stream:

The candidate should pass class 12th from a recognized Board in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subject.

The candidate's age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

The candidate must be an unmarried male.

The candidate should should be a citizen of India.

The candidate should be physically fit as per the requirements.
If you fulfill all the above criteria then you can apply for NATA examination and can get job in Indian Navy.

2nd September 2015, 11:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the jobs in the Indian Navy having the graduation with the 53% marks in the Physics and the Mathematics.

But you need to qualify in the CDS examination conducted by the twice every year by the UPSC. The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection

It is mandatory to have the candidates age between the 19-22 years to appear for the Navy. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
The examination is conducted in the month of February and the August every year.

10th October 2020, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian navy I got 55% in boards

24th September 2021, 06:21 PM
Minal F

Master Degree with minimum 60% marks in:-
(i) Physics (with Mathematics in B.sc).
(ii) Mathematics (with Physics in B.sc).
(iii) Chemistry (with Physics in B.Sc).
(iv) Computer Application or Computer science with Physics or Mathematics at Graduation Level.
(v) Meteorology/Oceanography/Atmospheric Science with Physics and Mathematics at Graduation Level.
(vi) Humanities (English/History with 55% marks).

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?