9th October 2014, 06:16 PM
swopenpatrick

What exam should I pass to become a lecturer?

what exam should i pass to become a lecture. Please tell me what is ti

31st May 2015, 06:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What exam should I pass to become a lecturer?

One who wishes to become a lecturer has to apply for the NET entrance exam which is conducted by the UGC department .NET stands for National Eligibility Test . NET entrance exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December .

The eligibility criteria required to become a Lecturer are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed the master degree with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.

-The candidate age must be below 35 years.There is age relaxation as per gov. rules for reserved categories.

-The candidate must be Indian citizen.
31st May 2015, 09:23 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become a lecturer in any college or University, it has becaome mandatory to qualify NET examination.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
On behalf of UGC(University Grant Commission), CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) is conducting NET examination from this year for the post of Assistant professor or lecturer and Juniour Research Fellowship.

Eligibility for UGC NET are
-Candidates with 55% marks in Master's.
-Candidates appearing in the final year of the Masters.
-Candidates who have completed Ph.D degree will be given relaxation of 5% marks.

Candidates are allowed for the subjects they have chosen in Masters.
31st May 2015, 09:56 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

To become lecturer either you should have NET qualified certificate or CSIR-NET certificate or you should have SET certificate.

NET and CSIR are the central certificate which makes to take classes in college or in university as a lecturer.

As a fresher you will be working as a assistant lecturer abd as you gain experience you will be appointed as senior lecturer.

SET is state eligibility test which provide post for lecturer in particular state.

You need to clear these entrance test
1st June 2015, 03:44 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

Thumbs up Re: What exam should I pass to become a lecturer?

To become a higher education (HE) lecturer you need to have a good degree (a first or 2:1) that is relevant to the subject you want to lecture in. You usually also need a relevant PhD along with:
1) Demonstrable experience of (or clear potential for) teaching;
2) The ability to produce original research for peers;
3) Early publication of academic work.
If you do not have a PhD and want to teach an academic subject, you are likely to find it difficult to get work as a lecturer. If you are still completing a PhD, you may be able to take on teaching duties in the role of a graduate teaching assistant. Teaching and administrative responsibilities may also be given to research students as a condition of their receiving a bursary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?