9th July 2015, 10:04 AM
durjan singh 123

What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam?

What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam? I need to apply for the exam and I wanted to know the eligibility criteria as well. Please provide me the information soon.

Thanks!

9th July 2015, 12:23 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam?

The qualification required to attempt in the IIT advanced exam are-

>> candidate to be passed out in 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

>> candidate to be having the minimum of 60% for obc and 55% for SC category candidate.

>> should not have any backlog in the intermediate.
9th July 2015, 01:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam?

There is no minimum percentage required in the 10+2 appear for the Advance examination. The examination for the JEE is conducted by the CBSE.

The eligibility to appear for the JEE examination is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board with the passing percentage in the PCM.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Mains and the Advance examination. The candidate who qualifies in the MAINS are only eligible for the Advance examination.

There is relaxation on the Mains cut off marks for the reserved category marks. The advance examination is conducted after the Mains and after qualifying in the Advance the candidate become eligible to get the admission in the IIT.

For more information visit at the www.cbse.nic.in
9th July 2015, 04:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by durjan singh 123 View Post
What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam? I need to apply for the exam and I wanted to know the eligibility criteria as well. Please provide me the information soon.

Thanks!
If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the best books for JEE Mains exam:-

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)
9th July 2015, 05:02 PM
vickyhansi

Eligibility for JEE Advance exam:

You should write the JEE Main exam paper 1 and passed with Top 150000 rank from all categories like General, OBC non creamy layer, SC and ST

You should also be in the top 20% of his board exam in applicable categories.
9th July 2015, 05:55 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by durjan singh 123 View Post

Thanks!
To be eligible for JEE Advance you must satisfy the following conditions:

** You must have secured an aggregate of 75% (for general and OBC) or 70% (for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate marks in your 10+2 standard board examination marks.

** You must be within category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates of your 12th standard board examinations.

** Make sure you are the among top 1,50,000 members those who appeared in JEE Main exam to be eligible for giving JEE Advanced exam.

Official website for any doubt visit: http://jeeadv.iitb.ac.in/
9th July 2015, 06:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination and the same examination is held by CBSE once every year for the selection of deserving students for their engineering courses from top government engineering colleges i.e; IIT, IIIT, NIT and ISM.

The examination is held in two stage which are called as JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively.

For appearing in the JEE Advance a student has to qualify its first stage i.e JEE Mains along with good percentage in the 12th board examination so that you lasts among the top 20 percentile student of your respective boards.

The minimum percentage in 12th boards are different for different boards but it is same for all the categories.There is no provision of marks relaxation in board examination for any category but is applicable in the qualification marks for both stages of JEE and its fluctuates on the basis of overall performance of the students.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can log ob to to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
9th July 2015, 07:29 PM
Mohit.Bansal

JEE(Joint Entrance Test) is conducted for the admission in Engineering courses in various reputed colleges. if you will get high rank you will get good college. So prepare hard to get the rank.

Minimum Percentage for the exam?
you should have minimum 60 percent in Intermediate to appear in the test.

How to Apply?

you have to apply for the exam online.
10th July 2015, 12:55 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually there is No separate Percentage requirement for SC category for " JEE Advanced Examination". Actually if you want to apply for JEE Advanced then you should secure the rank below 1,50,000 in JEE Main's.

So as per this limit you are eligible to apply for JEE Main's. But before that you should satisfy the Eligibility criteria of JEE Mains for JEE Advanced.

<> You should complete 10+2 from the recognized board with minimum 50% of marks with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects.

<> Age should be below 25 years for General candidates and there is a Relaxation for SC/ST candidates about 5 years that is you must have an age below 30 years.

<> For instance if you want to apply for JEE Mains 2016 then you need to complete 12th in 2014, 2015 only. Or final year candidates of 10+2 can also eligible for JEE Mains.

<> Only 3 attempts are allowed for JEE Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?