2nd June 2016, 01:06 PM
mg626977

What is the procedure followed to apply for merchant navy entrance exam after completion of 12th science?

Sir/Mam,

Now only I have passed 12th science and I wanted to know how to apply for merchant navy entrance exam and what all things I have to do. Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful for me to proceed further. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  2. Admission procedure of joining Merchant Navy after completing of IT engineering course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
  3. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in electronics? What is the procedure followed to apply for Merchant Navy?
  5. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech with CSE?
  6. Procedure to apply for merchant navy entrance exam? Date of availability of forms?
  7. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  8. What is the procedure for Merchant Navy after passing 12th with science?
  9. Procedure to apply for merchant Navy after B.Tech(ECE)?
  10. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after BA?
  11. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  12. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  13. Admission procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of IT engineer course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
  14. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Merchant Navy after 12th standard with science stream?
  16. Procedure to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class? Which are the best Institutes for this in Mumbai?
  17. Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?
  18. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
2nd June 2016, 10:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for merchant navy entrance exam after completion of 12th science?

Bharat Shipping Limited conducts an entrance exam known as All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) for recruitment in Merchant Navy. The exam is generally held in the month of November-December every year.

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply is 16 years to 25 years.

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

-The exam is conducted in different stages.These are;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are :

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

* Eyesight - 6/6 without color blindness.
3rd June 2016, 09:36 AM
vickyhansi

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for merchant navy entrance exam after completion of 12th science?

You can join Merchant Navy through following scheme:

Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry)

Nationality-Indian Citizen

Age limit is 17-20 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are also eligible.

12th standard from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

There are some other entry with same eligibility Criteria:

Direct Entry Petty Officer

Senior Secondary Recruit

Selection Process;

Written exam

Medical Test

Personal Interview
3rd June 2016, 01:13 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg626977 View Post
Sir/Mam,

Now only I have passed 12th science and I wanted to know how to apply for merchant navy entrance exam and what all things I have to do. Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful for me to proceed further. Thanks!
You can join merchant navy in two years. Either as a seafarer after qualifying a few pre sea courses after giving the 10th board exam or after 12th by completing some diploma courses or degree courses. After 12th you are eligible to enter either of the two specialized fields: Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.

After passing 10th you can give the General Purpose Training exam which familiarizes you with maintenance of engine as well as deck. For this you need to have 40% of marks with Mathematics, Science and English as compulsory subject. The duration of this course is 6 months and can be done between 17 and 25 years.

After class 12 following courses can be pursued:-
  • 4 year degree course of B.Tech in marine engineering
  • Alternate Training Scheme for Marine Engineers-2.5 years
  • B.Sc in nautical science
Merchant Navy Institutes:-
  • C.V. Raman College of Engineering
  • Balaji Seamen Training Institute
  • Chennai School of Ship Management
  • Chidambaram Institute of Maritime Technology
  • Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training Post Sea Training Centre
  • GKM College of Engineering & Technology
  • MASSA Maritime Academy
3rd June 2016, 04:19 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th standard as seefarer after qualifying pre sea course or after 12th standard officer through various degree or diploma course in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical(Deck) and Marine Engineering.

Unmarried Female and Male candidates are eligible.

Age limit is 16-25 years.

Candidates should be Physically and Mentally fit for Sea Services under Standard Norms.

Eye Sight

6/6 Without Glasses, No Colour Blindness

Course To join Merchant Navy:

Pre Sea Training

Deck Cadet

STCW Course

1 Year Pre Sea Diploma in Nautical Science

Marine Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?