10th August 2012, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class? Which are the best Institutes for this in Mumbai?

how to enter merchant navy after 12 . what are the physical reqirments ,and known institute in mumbai

Related Questions:
  1. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  2. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. What is the procedure to visit Merchant Navy institutes of Mumbai?
  5. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy? -- [New]
  7. Is this possible to pursue Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class and getting Job on the basis of this?
  8. Procedure to apply for merchant navy entrance exam? Date of availability of forms?
  9. Can I get Job in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th class with Commerce stream?
  10. What shall I do to get admission for Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class? Can I get admission to Merchant Navy on the basis of percentage of marks in 12th Class?
  11. Can I become Pilot in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class with 76% of marks?
  12. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing 12th?
  13. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  14. Am I eligible for joining Merchant Navy?
  15. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after marine engineering? I am a 12th class pass student with PCM
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
  17. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  18. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce?
10th August 2012, 08:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class? Which are the best Institutes for this in Mumbai?

Merchant Navy deals in the field on cargo transportation. The international trade or should i say import and export is mainly done via sea. whether you are exporting oil, heavy machinery or anything else, you will have to ship the item via sea. This is the role of Merchant Navy.

A career in Merchant Navy is considered very adventerous. It is because you get to travel a lot. You would be traveling different parts of the world. It is perfect way to see the world and at the same time get paid for it. As you may know that the salary offered in Merchant Navy is extremely good.

The good salary also comes with perks. The perks are different for different type of jobs. For example the crew of a ship is always offered free food the harbour. Those who have officer post in Merchant Navy are allowed to bring their wifes along the voyage.

There are various jobs in Merchant Navy like navigating officers, marine engineers, Engine Cadet, Deck Cadets etc. The eligibility for these posts is:

Eligibility:

Those who are applying for the officer level jobs in navigational and engineering fields would have to puruse Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering.

To do so you need to complete 12th with PCM as the subjects from a recognised board.

The age limit is 20 years as on the September 1 of the admission year.

There is up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply.

You will also have to pass a medical test.

Other requirements include 6/6 vision with no color blindness, you should not have sea sickness. Your height should be at least 150cm and weight should be according to the height.

Direct Entry:

Those who do not want to pursue Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering can apply for direct entry as Deck Cadets after completing 12th with PCM.

If you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology, you are eligible to directly apply for jobs like Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

Those who want direct entry as Deck Cadets would have to go through few months long training which is provided by the recruiting company. On the other hand candidates who applied for direct entry for Engineering cadets jobs will have to go through 9 months long Pre-sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI.

Top Colleges:

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
10th August 2012, 09:02 AM
siddjain93

Default Re: Procedure to get into Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class? Which are the best Institutes for this in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to enter merchant navy after 12 . what are the physical reqirments ,and known institute in mumbai
Hello friend,

Yes you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th class. The career of Merchant Navy is full of adventure. There are various institutes in India which conducts various course related to merchant navy. You can appear in IITJEE for getting admission in T.S. Chanakaya which conducts B.Tech in Marine Engineering . The Fee structure of Merchant Navy course is very high and also the earning is very good.

ELIGIBILITY:-

AGE LIMIT :- Your age should not be more than 20 years on 1st September of the entry year . For SC/ST category candidates there is age relaxation of 25 years.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
:- You should have passed class 12th with minimum 60% marks having Maths , Physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects.

COURSES FOR ENTRY IN MERCHANT NAVY-

3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.

POSTS IN MERCHANT NAVY-

1.DECK OFFICER:

Captain,
Chief officer
Second officer
Third officer
Junior officers.

2.ENGINE DEPARTMENT
:

Chief engineer
Second engineer
Third engineer
Fourth engineer
Electrical officer
Junior engineer.

EARNING IN MERCHANT NAVY-

BEST INSTITUTES IN MUMBAI FOR THESE COURSES-

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
10th August 2012, 02:03 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Merchant navy is the that filed of navy where you are to deal with the exports and the imports of the goods at a large scale.
Generally young and dynamic candidates are employed with the merchant navy and for the time you are hired you are given an healthy salary.
You can join merchant navy through two fields:
Nautical science and Marine engineering field
Navigational fields
Now since both the fields are different the eligibility for both of them is also different:
now the field in which you should be interested is Nautical science and Marine engineering field as you can do this after 12 th.
eligibility criteria for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
Educational Qualification : You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
you must be Indian citizen.
Age limit for candidates is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.
If you are filling the eligibility criteria then you can go for the exam.
In order to join the marine engineering you have to give the exam conducted by various institutes or you can opt for marine engineering in your engineering entrance exams.
If you go for marine engineering exams then the procedure would be as follows:
written exam
medical tests
If you clear the exam then you will get admitted in the marine engineering course where you will get the training too.
Top maritime institutes in india are:
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI), pune
International Maritime Institute(IMI), Delhi
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training(MANET), Pune
Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering (ITME), Kolkata
Thank you
29th August 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

when will be the forms form merchant navy entrance exams available..??
28th October 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11 standard (PCM) I am interested in joining Merchant navy but I have specks, can I still join or I should do an eye operation
9th November 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

how to get admisson in Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM?Is there any entrance exam
10th December 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my third year mechanical engineering ....after my engineering i want to join merchant navy....Engine department or deck department .What course i have to do and how to join in Training shipping chanakya institute in mumabai...kindly update me...
23rd December 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i have done 2level without physic chemestry mathmatics can i allowed to join merchant navy for to became a officer
29th December 2012, 05:39 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Some best institutes of Merchant Navy institutes:

White Shark Marine Institute
Gujarat Technological University
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
Praveenya Institute Of Marine Engineering,Vizianagaram
Institute Of Technology And Marine Engineering
International Maritime Institute(IMI)
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training(MANET)
Vels Academy of Maritime Studies,
Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering (ITME)

Eligibility of Merchant Navy:

You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
you must be Indian citizen.
Age limit is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.

If you are filling the eligibility criteria then you can go for the exam.
In order to join the marine engineering you have to give the exam conducted by various institutes or you can opt for marine engineering in your engineering entrance exams.

Thanks..
11th January 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing for 12th board this year,i want to join merchant navy at the post of an officer.what should i do for that?
14th January 2013, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

For studying marine engineering,joint entrance exam is neccessary??? If yes thn how much rank in JEE are reqd.??
21st January 2013, 05:49 PM
mohammed ashparaz

i hve compleated my 10+2commerce background but also 1 year diploma in marine engg so i want to join cadet deck.... Plz help me a suggestion
4th February 2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my Btech in Electronics And Instrumentation in june 2012 may i join merchant navy plz help
6th February 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

hello friends,
I am working in merchant navy since six years and now i am officer,I can only help you to give you contact who helped me giving and training in merchant,also they provide job in merchant navy,anybody want to join merchant navy or require job can contact Capt.Rai from nidhi maritime pvt ltd
contact details: 09971183651 personal no, also mail Id: [email protected]. this is right man to give you nice career in merchant navy.
best of luck.
3rd March 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

how much marks required for merchant after class 12
27th March 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

if my eye sight is not perfect then what should i do?
1st April 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS FEES SHEDULE FOR VARIOUS COURSE ?
6th April 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

hey,hi,plz tel m is it possible to join marchand neavy after 10 th exam,
15th April 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the work of deck cadet in marchant navy ?
1st June 2013, 12:47 PM
rahulraiindia

hello friends,
I am working in merchant navy since six years and now i am officer,I can only help you to give you contact who helped me giving and training in merchant,also they provide job in merchant navy,anybody want to join merchant navy or require job can contact Capt.Rai from nidhi maritime pvt ltd
contact detail:08585951520/08527152376 personal no, also mail Id: [email protected]. this is right man to give you nice career in merchant navy.
best of luck.
11th June 2013, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

i am akshay.i have passed 12th science with 62.5% and average in pcm is 52% but i do not give any entrance test .can i join merchant navy?
17th June 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

please drop your CV at [email protected] for entry in merchant navy.
12th July 2013, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

i am vishal, i am a b.tech mechanical student, my course was from 2009 to 2013 but i am still appearing it, so is it possible to join merchant navy if i am appearing my b.tech right now...??? or i can join it by the base of my 2...??? and is there any enterance exam for merchant navy...??? pleasze tell me as soon as possible. u can suggest me for merchant navy through my e-mail also... it is [email protected]
17th July 2013, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is sanawwar i have completed 12 class with pcm and 47% marks in 2012 so can i join merchant navy plese help me...
20th July 2013, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my self ajay yadav i m trouble for my height it is 150cm. m i elgiable in navy as a good post but fee structure should be min. My id is [email protected] plz give me right suggestion
15th September 2013, 08:49 PM
EFDRTG

DEar user

Below i have listed the required conditions for Merchant navy:

Merchant Navy eligibility

Age Limit-17-25 Years
Age relaxation for Reserved category.

Educational Qualifications:

10th/12TH Pass.
ANY BOARD/ ANY STREAM candidates can apply.

Some Institutions for Marine engineering are listed below:

Orissa Maritime Academy----Jagatsinghpur
Trident College of Marine Technology-----Kolkata
Asha Institute of Marine Technology-----Varanasi
Sriram Institute of Maritime Studies----Delhi
Acqatech Institute of Maritime Studies----Delhi
Euro Tech Maritime Academy----Cochin

Syllabus

11th & 12th class of PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS.
ENGLISH & G.K. questions .
Logical Reasoning

Good luck
28th October 2013, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

can a plane b.com student can apply for merchant navy after 25 years
7th November 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,myself pankaj i hv completed (10 2) with pcm & 47% marks in 2012..my height is 5`11 & my eyesight is also good so it possible to join merchant nevy with 47% marks ??
9th November 2013, 04:26 AM
Unregistered

its compulsory 2 give jEE entrance for merchant navy
8th December 2013, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

sir, myself ajay kumar and i have been selected for merchant navy training by aqua blue marine academy for the post of deck cadet and the training is of six months and they are giving gaurantee of job in merchant navy after completion of the training. so sir i want to know that is that true of gaurantee of job after the training
17th January 2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hi sir myself shaikh and I waisted my so many years by doing jobs in call center. Now I want a good carrier so I decided to do work in merchant navy. I have completed my hsc from Mumbai university with 47% on 2008. please give me some suggestion how to apply and where to keep my first step to get the successful in this field plz help me asap.
27th April 2014, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I'm B.E graduate in computer science can I join Merchant Navy?
2nd June 2014, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

HI,
This is ASHISH S. KAROTIA FROM MUMBAI I WANT TO BECOME OFFICER IN MERCHANT NAVY BUT MY PERCENTAGE IS NOT GOOD I HAVE SECURED ONLY 86.55% IN 10th AND 55% IN 12th SO WHAT SHOULD I DO FURTHER IN MERCHANT NAVY WITH THIS MARKS
7th June 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

my pcm group dose not completed bt 12th sci complet then i can join merchent navy plz reply me.......
8th June 2014, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

is it ok to join merchant navy HND in Nautical Science course from B P Marine engineering? I got 41% in PCM Xii, is it ok to joine GP rating? suggest and guide.
6th July 2014, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have got 65% in 12th class with physics,chemistry and maths,And 54% in pcm.
so sir can i join imu mumbai campus?
ply tell me sir.
21st January 2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Is there entrance exam to join merchant navy collage after 12th?????
17th March 2015, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi
THIS IS ANUSHKA FROM HIMACHAL PRADESH.I WANT TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY
BUT I HAVE LITTLE BIT CONFUSION.ARE THE GIRLS ABLE TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY???
26th April 2015, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way to join merchant navy after class 10? If yes then How?
24th September 2019, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir my self Raj Narayan Yadav I have completed my graduation with bio subject but my dreams to became an merchant navy officer how can I join please suggest me please sir
24th September 2019, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation with bio chemistry with 59.69 % but my dreams is to became an merchant navy officer how can I join merchant navy officer please suggest me please sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?