24th March 2012, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for joining IIT for NRI candidates? My son is in 12th class in South Africa

My son is doing his Grade 12 in South Africa. kindly let me know the procedure for him to get admission in IIT.

Related Questions:
  1. Do IIT colleges offer NRI quota for B.Tech courses?
  2. Will I be considered as an NRI? I'm an Indian citizen currently residing in South Africa and passed 12th from there
  3. Procedure for admission for NRI candidates through MHT CET? What is the fee structure for NRI for Medical and Engineering?
  4. Will I be considered as an NRI while getting admission in Medical(in India)? I'm an Indian citizen and completed grade 12th in South Africa
  5. Does college of engineering, AP carry NRI quota for B.Tech course?
  6. Best institutes for IIT classroom coaching for class 12th students in South Kolkata?
  7. Procedure for admission in IIT Kanpur through NRI quota? Is there a separate entrance test?
  8. Scope for Pharmacist in South Africa?
  9. How may I get information about TOEFL exam? What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure?
  10. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?
  12. Is a Gujarati NRI student Eligible to appear in GUJCET, AIEEE, IIT?
  13. When will the application forms will come out to join Army in South Africa?
  14. Is my son need to be under NRI category even after doing schooling for 3 years in India? -- [New]
  15. Procedure of admission in class 1 at South Point School, Kolkata?
  16. Can I do a diploma in Physiotherapy after completion of 12th grade from South Africa?
  17. How to admit my son for first year MBBS under NRI quota? Last date and fee structure?
  18. How to join NRI quota? Procedure to join Anna University? I am an NRI student studying 12th in Muscat
28th March 2012, 02:18 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for joining IIT for NRI candidates? My son is in 12th class in South Africa

The procedure to join B.Tech. or other equivalent undergraduate programs at any of
the 15 IITs for NRI candidates is same as that of procedure for candidates residing
in India.

There is no reservation of seats in any IIT under NRI quota.
All the admission policies are same.

Till the year 2011 Joint Entrance Examination was conducted by IITs for admission
to undergraduate programs at various IIT campuses.
The entrance examination has to be conducted in the 2012 also but from next year
the separate entrance examination of IITs might terminate.

In that case the admission to the IITs will be done through a Common Entrance Test
which will be a single Common Entrance Test for admission to entire engineering colleges
of the country.
The final decision in this regard is still pending.

So if the IIT-JEE continues you (your son) have to appear and qualify JEE to get admission
in an IIT and if it terminated you will have to appear the CET and after the result of CET
you will have to apply fr admission in IITs.
The procedure remains the same for normal residents and NRIs.
28th March 2012, 09:07 AM
sunkara likhitha

Default Re: What is the procedure for joining IIT for NRI candidates? My son is in 12th class in South Africa

hai uncle,

everyone should write iitjee whether he belongs to other nation also after filling online application form you should send printed application to the iit which is the organiser of up coming iit if your son gets a rank you should keep choices filling online if you belong to general catagory except general catagory all should go to respective iits for choice filling if you son is general catagory he should send xerox copies of his certificates after the declaration of results
28th March 2012, 02:18 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

There is no reservation of seats in any IIT under NRI quota.
All the admission policies are same.

Till the year 2011 Joint Entrance Examination was conducted by IITs for admission
to undergraduate programs at various IIT campuses.
The entrance examination has to be conducted in the 2012 also but from next year
the separate entrance examination of IITs might terminate.

In that case the admission to the IITs will be done through a Common Entrance Test
which will be a single Common Entrance Test for admission to entire engineering colleges
of the country.
The final decision in this regard is still pending.
30th June 2013, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

paisa se talent nai khareed sakte ho,SA mei hi raho,iit ki aukat nai hai tere bete ki
27th August 2013, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission fee for NRI's in IIT ?
9th February 2014, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
paisa se talent nai khareed sakte ho,SA mei hi raho,iit ki aukat nai hai tere bete ki
There is no need for such a rude answer to a such a simple question.
You are clearly showing your own auk aat here.
10th May 2015, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

sir i completed 12 in Tamilnadu examination with 92% can i get seat in IIT. please answer me.............
23rd May 2015, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,
My Son is studying in Chennai and working hard for IIT. I explore if there is any NRI quota as Live in UK.
Thanks for sincere answers. Please dont hurt people asking such questions. I see angry answers though a guest login.
I pray for that gentleman to get peace.
Best Regards,
Students dad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?