20th April 2012, 11:27 PM

What is the procedure to start preparing for defence services? How will the selection take place?

Sir...,
i want to be an engg. in defence services..can you pls tell me the whole procedure so that i can start preparing it ...?
also sir, i have to give exam of NDA or CDS to enter into engg. stream...
how will the selection takes place...pls explain...

31st May 2016, 02:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to start preparing for defence services? How will the selection take place?

To be an engineer in Indian Defense Services you need to clear any one of NDA and CDS entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and CDS stands for Combined Defense Services. Both are national academy meant for providing education and training to those who have managed to clear the respective entrance examination.

Both NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For appearing in both the examination for joining engineering services you are required to have the qualifications given below :-

--> Nationality :-

* For both these entrance examination, you must have the nationality of India.

--> Age limit :-

* For NDA , your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* For CDS, your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

--> Educational qualification :-

* For NDA, you must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized board.

* For CDS, you must have completed your bachelor of engineering / bachelor of technology degree course from a recognized university.

--> In addition to these qualifications, you must have physical fitness too as per the service requirement. Also, for appearing in NDA entrance examination you must be a unmarried male candidate.

For more details about the same examination, you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?